Maurice Watkins - WELL DONE !!

GaudinoMotors

I was lucky enough to be invited to a fund raising dinner and celebration last night in aid of the New Manchester Childrens Hospital. The appeal going into the evening stood at £19.8 Million and last night the final £200000 was raised to hit the appeal target of £20 million.
Despite his United connections, full credit must be given to Maurice Watkins for a truly remarkable fund raising campaign that has involved both the Manchester Clubs and indeed clubs throughout the North West.
Was very proud to be a blue in the room with City being represented at the evening by both Mark Hughes and Gary Cook, both enjoying themselves and chatting to fans. Mark also appearing on a specially made fund raising video with Kolo. Special mention was made to Manchester City for raising a huge amount for the appeal. But credit where credit is so obviously due - to Maurice Watkins.

GaudinoMotors said:
gagiesotherhalf said:
Excellent news.
Pleased to have sweated and toiled also in recent years to persuade my employer to part with £100,000 towards this appeal too :)

Blimey - thats a lot of sweat and toil ! Brilliant work!

Cheers...it wasn't actually. In the 'good times' we had a 'charity pot' every year of xxx pounds. You simply had to send a nomination off to some people in suits in London and persuade them to write a big cheque*. And they agreed, two years on the trot, £50k a time. In fact one of the 'big cheques' is sat right here in the office as I never got round to taking it to Pendlebury Hospital (at the time). They got the 'real' cheques though, I hand-delivered those :)

*i work for a bank. we're not all baddies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.