Maximum Wage Law - Corbyn

He's an idiot. I really wanted to like Corbyn as a lot of what he believes in I can get behind, but statements like this make him un-electable to most people. Even if you earned no where near this imaginary cap, would you support the idea of others not being able to earn more if they've worked for it?

Companies who HQ themselves in the UK would move abroad so fast if this ever came close to being discussed officially. I understand that he's trying to bridge the inequality gap, but you surely do this by upping the lowest wages rather than limiting the highest. There should be a stronger floor to protect people from not being able to live rather than putting a cap on what people can earn. As manygoose says, so long those earning stupid salaries to start with are paying their taxes and spending their money then who cares?

Who cares whilst the CEO's are earning a fortune the tax payer is picking up the pieces through tax credits, and other benefits to top up the minions wages ?

Politics of envy. Let's impose a salary cap and therefore reduce tax revenue with it! Great idea! Further proof the man is a monumental shitwit!

If Corbyn earns £140k then yer can bet yer bottom dollar he would have the cap at £145k! How to make sure a parliamentary party originally formed to promote the working classes will never hold the reins of power would be to have this idiot in charge of the stables.

Who cares whilst the CEO's are earning a fortune the tax payer is picking up the pieces through tax credits, and other benefits to top up the minions wages ?
That's why I said that he should be looking to increase the lowest wages, not cap the highest. I admire his fight against inequality, but I think he's looking at it the wrong way round.

Now if he imposed means testing related wages/expences for civil servants i would certainly start to change my opinion of him.

Corbyn is a total and utter waste of god knows how many years he will be in charge of Labour. I liked his ideas around fairness in society but the things he is coming out with are going to alienate even fucking aliens.

Right ideas, wrong man. I dont vote until Labour have someone in charge.

What an utter total prick, never mind the impact this has on the economy as people will just coast. Even if someone earns 3m quid a year nearly 1.5m of that is paid in taxes. Where will he get this money from for the NHS etc.

The guy lives in a different world to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.