Maximum Wage Law - Corbyn

Actually he's got a point.

Ticket prices will go down massively when every player good enough to earn more than £35,000/week leaves the country and we're all sat around watching good football on TV, because no one would pay £500/year to watch league 1 players run around.
Although wouldn't the thousands who report they used to go but now can't get in and the thousands who've 'had enough' and are getting rid of their season tickets be delighted to pay £200 for a season ticket to watch City at 3, every Saturday?

Think it through mate.

At the minute City turnover £400m (for arguments sake)

42,000 season tickets at £650 is £27,300,000'

If the prices are halved the club brings in £13,650,000 in SC revenue but the turnover reduces to £386,350,000

However the wage bill drops from £200,000,000 down to £50,000,000

The upshot is that City's profits rise to £160,000,000m which goes to the Sheik and all of City's players leave the UK and HMRC is £67,500,000 worse off in income tax revenue in year one.

In subsequent years all the good players leave the UK, the TV companies end up paying a quarter of what they paid before, your Sky subscription drops by £10 per month and football in the PL is shite.

That is why it is a ridiculous idea.
You missed out the bit about the sponsorship and TV deals plummeting due to the product not being as good which would mean the ticket prices wouldn't halve after all. Less tickets would be sold and the league would end up like the SPL.

It's an oft forgotten point about the money that Sheikh Mansour has piled into City since 2008, but one of the main beneficiaries has been the UK Exchequer, to the tune of several hundred million incremental pounds.

It's the same with the general outrage at bankers bonuses. I am not sure Hmrc are that outraged when they collect half of each bonus.

You missed out the bit about the sponsorship and TV deals plummeting due to the product not being as good which would mean the ticket prices wouldn't halve after all. Less tickets would be sold and the league would end up like the SPL.
I haven't. It's my second to last paragraph.

Think it through mate.

At the minute City turnover £400m (for arguments sake)

42,000 season tickets at £650 is £27,300,000'

If the prices are halved the club brings in £13,650,000 in SC revenue but the turnover reduces to £386,350,000

However the wage bill drops from £200,000,000 down to £50,000,000

The upshot is that City's profits rise to £160,000,000m which goes to the Sheik and all of City's players leave the UK and HMRC is £67,500,000 worse off in income tax revenue in year one.

In subsequent years all the good players leave the UK, the TV companies end up paying a quarter of what they paid before, your Sky subscription drops by £10 per month and football in the PL is shite.

That is why it is a ridiculous idea.

From the bottom up;
Football at any level is still football. The over-hyped PL has no guarantee of producing stunning games no matter how much the players are paid.
The Sheik has already shown he is more than happy to spend money. Not only could he drop prices, he could also raise wages of the other staff. Fifty grand a year for the tea lady, cleaners etc. Spread the saving across all employees and HMRC still gets its pound of flesh. Failing that just make sure the Sheikh pays his tax on the extra he has from a wage bill cut.

Presumably, if the wages of PL footballers are to be capped, in the interests of fairness JC would also put a cap on JK Rowling's book royalties, Adele's tour income, Daniel Craig's film earnings, etc, etc. I would like to see how that worked.

Actually he's got a point.

Ticket prices will go down massively when every player good enough to earn more than £35,000/week leaves the country and we're all sat around watching good football on TV, because no one would pay £500/year to watch league 1 players run around.

I have several friends who pay that to watch 2nd and third division footy

Presumably, if the wages of PL footballers are to be capped, in the interests of fairness JC would also put a cap on JK Rowling's book royalties, Adele's tour income, Daniel Craig's film earnings, etc, etc. I would like to see how that worked.
Could just shoot the first two?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.