Maximum Wage Law - Corbyn

A good leader would take an informed position on all aspects responding to the qualms of everyone but he chooses to remove and silence those who oppose or challenge him and his viewpoints. Anyone who does challenge is essentially rooted out, abused and nicknamed a dirty capitalist. The only reason for his success so far is the aggressive, militant groups behind him in the unions and Momentum who represent a tiny minority.

He only talks to those people because really they are the only ones who are remotely interested. His political stock has collapsed elsewhere since and Labour are now 10-15 points behind even someone like Miliband who was swept away. People just aren't interested.
If May had even an ounce of sense and/or bottle she'd have called a general election now to wipe the floor with the idiot and be set for the next 5 years. Unfortunately the dithering weed has neither. That said, she's probably quite content with this non-existent opposition, so I guess why bother.

If May had even an ounce of sense and/or bottle she'd have called a general election now to wipe the floor with the idiot and be set for the next 5 years. Unfortunately the dithering weed has neither. That said, she's probably quite content with this non-existent opposition, so I guess why bother.

She can't call an election can she? Thought we had fixed terms.

No she can't. An early election could be called if there was a motion of no confidence, or if two thirds of all MPs vote for an early election.

No she can't. An early election could be called if there was a motion of no confidence, or if two thirds of all MPs vote for an early election.

So feasibly she could propose it, get all of the Tories to vote with her and hope a third or so of the remainder voted with it as well? To be fair, it'd look incredibly bad for Labour (and any of the other parties really) if they didn't fancy a chance of getting into government.

So feasibly she could propose it, get all of the Tories to vote with her and hope a third or so of the remainder voted with it as well? To be fair, it'd look incredibly bad for Labour (and any of the other parties really) if they didn't fancy a chance of getting into government.

As it stands, there are 329 Conservative MPs, and the support of 433 MPs is needed. There are 231 Labour MPs, 54 Krankies and 32 others (excluding the bomb-slingers, who don't take their seats). If TM wanted an early election and had the backing of all her MPs, I think she would struggle to get the backing of other MPs (104 required).

The Krankies have 54 out of 59 seats in Scotland, so there isn't much for them to gain. As they are pro-remain, I doubt they would want to risk losing Labour MPs, who are more likely to vote against the government. Most Labour MPs know they have nothing to gain in a general election; 191 of the current MPs voted no confidence in Corbyn, and they know they will get annihilated while that prat is the leader, so they are unlikely to risk their seats.

As it stands, there are 329 Conservative MPs, and the support of 433 MPs is needed. There are 231 Labour MPs, 54 Krankies and 32 others (excluding the bomb-slingers, who don't take their seats). If TM wanted an early election and had the backing of all her MPs, I think she would struggle to get the backing of other MPs (104 required).

The Krankies have 54 out of 59 seats in Scotland, so there isn't much for them to gain. As they are pro-remain, I doubt they would want to risk losing Labour MPs, who are more likely to vote against the government. Most Labour MPs know they have nothing to gain in a general election; 191 of the current MPs voted no confidence in Corbyn, and they know they will get annihilated while that prat is the leader, so they are unlikely to risk their seats.

I did read that all she needs to do is to pass a one line amendment to the act. "Notwithstanding the provisions of this act there will be a general election on x date" or something like that. The Lords would oppose it but she could still push it through.

Even so, it would be unthinkable for Labour to turn down that chance of an early election. Corbyn would find himself being followed around by blokes dressed in chicken costumes if they did.

She could make an amendment to the act with the backing of her MPs or a three line whip, but it still has to get through the Lords.

equally, what's going to change in 3 years to make Corbyn any more electable than his current standing? why not wait till 2020 and win another 5 year term then against Corbyn and thus have the next 8 years guaranteed in power rather than the next 5? If it's going to be that easy to beat him now what's going to change?

equally, what's going to change in 3 years to make Corbyn any more electable than his current standing? why not wait till 2020 and win another 5 year term then against Corbyn and thus have the next 8 years guaranteed in power rather than the next 5? If it's going to be that easy to beat him now what's going to change?

A larger majority means the whip doesn't have as imperative a job getting all Tories to vote the way the government wants them to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.