Maybe we should make no signings

Pep may have made a poor choice of squad but you make it sound like they all ran out there... saw what Pep had done and threw their hands up "there's no way we can win... Arghhh Pep and your short sighted team picks! Blue Moon forum are right you do overthink everything." They we're outclassed on that day and Pep picking a different line up would have made little difference.
Disagree . Tuchel had the measure of Pep and the semi final gave him a blueprint to beat us.

Pep may have made a poor choice of squad but you make it sound like they all ran out there... saw what Pep had done and threw their hands up "there's no way we can win... Arghhh Pep and your short sighted team picks! Blue Moon forum are right you do overthink everything." They we're outclassed on that day and Pep picking a different line up would have made little difference.
Sorry; I can’t agree with that. Yes, we were outclassed that evening. But why do you think that was? No Fernandinho in midfield. Mount and Kante had the freedom of that pitch to run amok. And our CBs had no protection in front of them. If Pep had picked our strongest team, I can guarantee that the way the game panned out would have been markedly different. Not saying the result would definitely have been different, but Chelsea wouldn't have bossed the game in the way they did.

Last season we pissed the league, pissed the milk cup, fa semi final and chumps league final.
Out of the squad that did that we have lost Aguero ( 6 goals) and Garcia (5th choice). Fernandinho is old but finished the season like a 21 year old.
All players were rotated as best they could be and weren't run into the ground a'la Liverpools title winning squad.
I don't think we NEED anyone. A top drawer proven centre forward would be nice but it's certainly not vital.
Sorry but this is plain wrong. Things do not work like that. We went from being champions to 18 points behind - if we don't buy and buy well we are going backwards.
Things are not a given in football and players are not machines. Buying quality helps to account for different things happening, for example
√ injuries god forbid
√ Mahrez was ahem......inconsistent in first half of last season hence FFS but brilliant second half. He may not sustain the brilliance.
√which Cancelo will turn up?

Taking the source with a pinch of salt but apparently Bernardo wants to stay another 2-3 years. Add a top striker and I think we’re set. Kane, Jesus, Delap and Torres is enough for striker options.

Grealish would upset Sterling, Foden & Gundogan in terms of positioning, and it’s a lot of money for someone with 2 good years in the Prem.

Plus we’d have a great net spend. Would much rather this, love Bernardo.

Sorry but this is plain wrong. Things do not work like that. We went from being champions to 18 points behind - if we don't buy and buy well we are going backwards.
Things are not a given in football and players are not machines. Buying quality helps to account for different things happening, for example
√ injuries god forbid
√ Mahrez was ahem......inconsistent in first half of last season hence FFS but brilliant second half. He may not sustain the brilliance.
√which Cancelo will turn up?
Spot on and you could easily add to the list. Add on's are essential to maintain a forward path but be careful what you buy perhaps.

Sorry; I can’t agree with that. Yes, we were outclassed that evening. But why do you think that was? No Fernandinho in midfield. Mount and Kante had the freedom of that pitch to run amok. And our CBs had no protection in front of them. If Pep had picked our strongest team, I can guarantee that the way the game panned out would have been markedly different. Not saying the result would definitely have been different, but Chelsea wouldn't have bossed the game in the way they did.
Your right even more obvious now two months on. I think they would have been hard to beat on the night what ever way we set up but Pep's selection still makes no sense to me and his explanation for it rather unconvincing.

I'd like to see this side in action..!!

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko
KDB Rodri Grealish
Foden Bernardo
Torres

subs: from Gundogan,Sterling, Mahrez,Laporte,Fernandinho ,Jesus, (keeper)
We could certainly make Torres/Jesus/Delap work up front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.