Maybe we should make no signings

Standing still is going backwards. We need to buy top quality players to keep ahead of the competition.
Not arguing with your point that standing still is going backward but from the OPs post he assumes that opponents don’t sign anyone so it is everyone that is going backward

Certainly since the birth of the prem in 92 and perhaps before the title has pretty much always gone to the team that spent the most during the previous summer, so no.
Not true.
Last year it was Chelsea spent most

Rest of the season attached below

Not arguing with your point that standing still is going backward but from the OPs post he assumes that opponents don’t sign anyone so it is everyone that is going backward
Even if not a single one of our opponents made a signing: we would have to face a Liverpool with players more fit and less injured than last season and a Chelsea with a great manager from the start and not just for half of the season and their players more used to him.

And they won the UCL and made the FA Cup final...
I know that. I switch on the telly occasionally.
That's not the question I was replying to. Poster said that the premier league title goes to the team that spent the most in pre season. It doesn't.

In this season with Covid and teams in financial trouble. I just think we might get get away with not buying anyone.
If not us, Where do you think Haaland Kane Grealish Sancho will end up and how will that affect us.

The team we finished with last season will win next years premier league.
Unless we sell players the only free spot is the one vacated by Aguero
Liverpool have freed up one with Wijnaldam.
Chelsea are the only other major threat.

I'm not saying we shouldn't buy any players this season but I would not be too worried if we didn't buy Haaland/Grealish until season 2002/3.
The lack of a striker in some games last season was a glaring problem and if we don’t address it I think the problem will get bigger

I’m also concerned that the lack of rest this summer and the hangover from the Porto debacle will mean we start slowly

Liverpool will be much better, Chelsea will be much better.. even the rags could be much better if they wise up and get rid of their joke manager

A huge signing or two will not only freshen up the squad and give the players we already have a boost, it will demoralise our rivals

Chelsea, United, PSG, Madrid.
Haaland to Chelsea would be a problem alright.
Kane to United not an issue there for me

Can't see Grealish going to PSG or Sancho going to Madrid but if they did I think we'd still have a better squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.