Maybe we should make no signings

What inaccuracies. The question is really what is the worst that can happen if we don't make any big signings? No team is gonna buy Kane and Lukaku and Grealish

How worse off will we really be assuming that we have the likes of Palmer and Delap supplementing the squad.

No one is happier than me when our own players break through from the academy but the leap to do so is gigantic. As gifted as these two are we can`t rely on them to replace what we are losing from the squad in Aguero and possible Bernardo and the like.

Last edited:
I know that. I switch on the telly occasionally.
That's not the question I was replying to. Poster said that the premier league title goes to the team that spent the most in pre season. It doesn't.

In this season with Covid and teams in financial trouble. I just think we might get get away with not buying anyone.
If not us, Where do you think Haaland Kane Grealish Sancho will end up and how will that affect us.

So you think we MIGHT get away with not investing. I personally don`t.

Think we need to replace Aguero, and if we do then it should be somebody that can play there for a few years and be good enough. Think that’s all we need to do.
The question is if we can’t get the right player do we get a short term alternative , I’d be tempted to say no, we wait, but obviously it’s better if we can get his long term successor in.

Proven forward is needed
A decent LB is needed
A mobile DM is needed

Selling a few will release funds and some may want to go also. Then we may have money already available to spend.

All sounds easy here but it's not.

I know that. I switch on the telly occasionally.
That's not the question I was replying to. Poster said that the premier league title goes to the team that spent the most in pre season. It doesn't.

In this season with Covid and teams in financial trouble. I just think we might get get away with not buying anyone.
If not us, Where do you think Haaland Kane Grealish Sancho will end up and how will that affect us.
Sancho looking likely for Utd and has been for some time. Haaland could go Chelsea and I could even see Kane going to Utd. They will want to appease the green and gold gang

Here is the giant space baby who sees all humanity to tell us how it is.
I know you’re trying really hard, but you’re only my fourth favorite stalker on BM. Change tactics to climb up the ladder ;)

With the transfer threads wondering whether we should buy Kane, Lukaku, Grealish , Haaland and God knows how many others, what is the worst that can happen if we don't sign anyone.

We are currently the best team in England and arguably the best team in Europe.
Liverpool and United don't appear to be actively lookng for anyone, maybe Sancho to United.
Barcelona and Madrid haven't the finances to buy a top name.
PSG and Bayern are probably OK up front.
Haaland won't go to Bayern as long as Lewandowski is there.
If we get Haaland , for example, great but if we don't what are the consequences
The elephant in the room which you seem to have somehow missed is what about any players that might leave? Regardless of who it may be we will be weaker as we've already lost Aguero and it's still not confirmed on Fernandinho.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.