Maybe we should make no signings

I would be happier to play Palmer, Lavia, Doyle, Delap and McAtee, one starter and one sub per game, than spend several hundred million. I am happy to accept that it may not work out but it would still be my preference.

Not signing anyone is not an option.
Khaldoon said we would reinforce in a few areas and I have no reason not to believe him.

With the transfer threads wondering whether we should buy Kane, Lukaku, Grealish , Haaland and God knows how many others, what is the worst that can happen if we don't sign anyone.

We are currently the best team in England and arguably the best team in Europe.
Liverpool and United don't appear to be actively lookng for anyone, maybe Sancho to United.
Barcelona and Madrid haven't the finances to buy a top name.
PSG and Bayern are probably OK up front.
Haaland won't go to Bayern as long as Lewandowski is there.
If we get Haaland , for example, great but if we don't what are the consequences
You’ve just triggered the flap alarm :-)

I would be happier to play Palmer, Lavia, Doyle, Delap and McAtee, one starter and one sub per game, than spend several hundred million. I am happy to accept that it may not work out but it would still be my preference.
No serious club in Prem that actually wins silverware relies that heavily on youth. It's the harsh truth. Maybe 1 or 2 regulars, rest don't really see gametime aside a couple cup games like usual, or unless there's an injury crisis.

Standing still is going backwards. We need to buy top quality players to keep ahead of the competition.
You hit the nail on the head with "top quality" Haaland & Kane yes....Martinez,Siva, Lakaku, Isak, Ings, Dybala et all.. are not, and would not improve our side.
Grealish? Would he improve our side without losing somebody....arguably at best!
That's how hard it is to improve....there aren't many players (even possibly available that would) when you already have such a good squad.

If we don't sign an actual left back and a striker then I'd consider that gross negligence.

I don't get this. You will be happy with no titles just so we can play some academy? Why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.