Maybe we should make no signings

Totally agree but don't you think at this stage of his career Jesus needs to be playing regularly? He needs to be the main man at a club.

In my opinion he will never be that player with us, great guy, love his attitude but as a player never good enough to be a regular.
I think he wants to be in Brazil’s starting XI at the next World Cup and he already is that doing what he does for us. I think different seasons can mean different stories for players. He can rediscover himself starting more frequently as a winger. Better than going somewhere where people will talk about him mainly for missing goals

Chelsea will be a huge threat. Which other team do you think is as strong as City?
It’s about being competitive above all. Liverpool with an underwhelming season still finisher third. I think they will be strong. United has added very good players that MAY significantly improve their team. And we need to see all that with fans back in the stadiums again.

Think some people forget we won the league comfortably last season that only finished about 10 weeks ago.
In the 2019-20 season, Liverpool won the league by 18 points, amassing a total of 99 points for the season

In the 2020-21 season, Liverpool collected only 69 points, finishing 3rd, eventually, but might well have finished 5th or worse.
===
A single year can make a huge difference.

In the 2019-20 season, Liverpool won the league by 18 points, amassing a total of 99 points for the season

In the 2020-21 season, Liverpool collected only 69 points, finishing 3rd, eventually, but might well have finished 5th or worse.
===
A single year can make a huge difference.

Injuries did for them. Missing van Dijk was a huge loss but he’s back now unfortunately.

I hope you're correct.

But even if we sign Kane, here's what I see:

At DM we have no one that's really good. Fernandinho is too old; Rodri and Gundo aren't really true destroyers. Our mid might well be overrun in some important games.

At LB, our best choice seems to be Zinchenko. If Zin isn't pressed, he's great - he can deliver a telling pass. But under pressure, he's prone to sloppy play. And on defense, I do not trust him at all. Zin cannot consistently stop crosses against most P/L wingers and is often beaten one-on-one into the box.

At CB, if we lose Laporte - we're thin. We've already lost Garcia. What happens if Dias or Stones is injured? CB could potentially be a problem for us next window.

At RB we have Walker who has been excellent. But he's now a year older - Kyle is 31 years old. He still seems as fleet as ever - but at 31, it's a matter of a year or two before he loses pace. So far as I know, we're not pursing a RB.

All told - even if we sign Kane, I think that this window - assuming that we don't sign quality prospects at one or more of DM, LB, CB and potentially RB - I think that we're not nearly as good as we were last season. Injuries or dips in form at any of these positions may spell trouble for our side.
Reading this several times, seems like we will struggle to avoid relegation this season. It is hard to believe you think a club with so much recent success is managed so negligently that in the space of a couple of months we are so doomed. Injuries happen, you cannot buy top quality replacements and leave them in the stands until an injury occurs. What you have described is a bottom 3 team, second rate players, clueless management and run by ignoramuses. We are not and haven't been for a long time. Be assured that our club will do the best possible for our team, in the short, medium and long term as they have proven over the last ten years. Look at our positives and enjoy the football.

Zinny is quiet literally the most press resistant left back in the world. I've never seen someone get out of crazy situations as regularly as zincheko does, he makes it look so effortless and never puts the person he passes to under pressure without being in a position to receive the ball back. Its his best attribute lol

I think he is ok as 4th choice, nothing more to me.

Always though he is very ordinary, a player if we could get our money back, I would.

Sandler would be my 4th choice but it's vital that we keep Laporte.
adam-sandler-happy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.