Mayfield Depot Tonight 93.20 celebration

we have a big chunk of our fans who are full of a bizarre over-sensitive paranoia who think that absolutely everything is negative about us and get offended by fucking everything!

And a big chunk that are too invested in calling them out for it.

If someone thinks every is out to get us, I'll either listen to them or ignore them. It really isn't as big of a deal as some make out.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

Nothing to do with being paranoid
I posted as I saw last night
And if it isnt a big deal no need for you to comment

I've posted previously about Martin Tyler asking "where will City fans hide tonight?" on 85 minutes v QPR but, to be fair to him, was it also Tyler who did the commentary during the trophy & medals presentation after the match? I can't find that video now but if it was him he did a lovely job of it and made it perfect for the occasion. His words were obviously prepared in advance, unlike his "Aguerooo!", but they were full of admiration for City, recalling the days in the Third Division & the miraculous escape v. Gillingham, and ending with something like a euphoric "and now, after 44 years, champions of England!" as Kompany strode up to receive the trophy.

Whether that was Tyler or not, folk saying he or Hinchcliffe or anyone "hates" City need to look around the world and remember examples of real hate that did (and are doing) more harm than make football supporters feel their team could be more respected.

Last edited:
I've posted previously about Martin Tyler asking "where will City fans hide tonight?" on 85 minutes v QPR but, to be fair to him, was it also Tyler who did the commentary during the trophy & medals presentation after the match? I can't find that video now but if it was him he did a lovely job of it and made it perfect for the occasion. His words were obviously prepared in advance, unlike his "Aguerooo!", but they were full of admiration for City, recalling the days in the Third Division & the miraculous escape v. Gillingham, and ending with something like a euphoric "and now, after 44 years, champions of England!" as Kompany strode up to receive the trophy.

Whether that was Tyler or not, folk saying he or Hinchcliffe or anyone "hates" City need to look around the world and remember examples of real hate that did (and are doing) more harm than make feel football supporters feel their team could be more respected.

The commentary you refer to was done by Peter Drury.

Didn't Sky invest £10 million in City before the Shinawatra takeover? I'm sure i read somewhere they had invested....not sure if it was City tv or shares in the club but they did invest iirc.
When Sky invented football they tried to buy shares in clubs who were publicly quoted on the stock exchange as opposed to those privately owned. Around 21 clubs in the Prem and Football League were listed. It was thought to be a good way of protecting their investment of TV rights.
Sky bought 9.9% of Chelsea, and similar amounts in Leeds, City and Sunderland. They had 6% of Man U.
ITV bought 5% of Arsenal and 10% of the Scousers.
NTL bought £20m of Villa, and 5.5% of Boro, 11.5m of Leicester, £14m of the Toon for 9.9%.
Not sure when they all sold their shares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.