Mayfield Depot Tonight 93.20 celebration

Didn't Sky invest £10 million in City before the Shinawatra takeover? I'm sure i read somewhere they had invested....not sure if it was City tv or shares in the club but they did invest iirc.

Yes from memory they did as did BT invest in the club. It is where it gets a bit silly when we say SKY as an organisation are biased, some of the pundits yes, but not the organisation.

Poor show last night. Reflects terribly on the club.

It was on when I went in. Not sure what it had to do with the evening and nobody seemed remotely interested
I thought they might be the case. It was rewarding a few Branches for service in the decade since 93:20 I think. I didn’t bother going so I ca t criticise anyone for not paying attention lol. I had too much work on.

Yes from memory they did as did BT invest in the club. It is where it gets a bit silly when we say SKY as an organisation are biased, some of the pundits yes, but not the organisation.

Tbh i think anyone who gets a pint chucked at them will, in hindsight see it as an isolated incident, by a person who doesnt know how to behave with alcohol inside their body. I'd be upset if i spilt a mouthful of beer due to the extortionate price, never mind chuck £6 down the drain. I dont really understand why people change when drunk. Anyway there will be cctv from the event so someone will get a nice big dry cleaning bill in the post.
I've read a lot of the comments on this thread and regards Tyler it seems he is disliked by about half. It's probably worth mentioning that we all have a deep love for City as we are all blues and have been through an emotional wringer over the last 45ish years. People are entitled to boo if they want as free speech rules. I think though, that as not everyone is a blue, then they dont feel like we do. I dont feel the commentators are all snide but are probably biased in their own way just as i am about City. Are they wrong as they are being paid to be impartial? I dont give it too much thought as im normally too happy salivating over another MCFC masterclass. If a commentator has an agenda against City its their problem not mine. With Haaland on the way they will have a bigger problem next season.

I thought they might be the case. It was rewarding a few Branches for service in the decade since 93:20 I think. I didn’t bother going so I ca t criticise anyone for not paying attention lol. I had too much work on.

Supporters clubs are really only of interest to the members. I was a member of the London one when I lived in Kent as I could get cheaper group travel for the home games. Being in it also meant I got a ticket for the Bradford away promotion game.

I'd say 90% at least of the pundits are biased against us, but that might be me seeing it through Blue eyes.

As for Tyler aside from the Aguero moment his commentary for our games are mainly dire. Morose to the point of tears when we score or win and rising in excitement if the opposition score or beat us. For years fans have been moaning about him so it was no surprise he wasn't going to get a good reception. Also as fans we never get to see, speak to or confront our critics so when one was right there in front of us he was never getting an easy ride. The beer throwing was out of order though, cowardly shit that.

I'd say 90% at least of the pundits are biased against us, but that might be me seeing it through Blue eyes.

As for Tyler aside from the Aguero moment his commentary for our games are mainly dire. Morose to the point of tears when we score or win and rising in excitement if the opposition score or beat us. For years fans have been moaning about him so it was no surprise he wasn't going to get a good reception. Also as fans we never get to see, speak to or confront our critics so when one was right there in front of us he was never getting an easy ride. The beer throwing was out of order though, cowardly shit that.

I have noted his lack of ‘celebration’ when City score but on the flip side he has always spoke very fondly about the Aguero moment, gave him a present the other day of his notes and spoke with great affection about the bloke.

It was a night of celebration and he had given up his time to attend (yes he may have been paid). Anyway the consequence is it reflects terribly on the club, marred a night of celebration, cheesed off one of our ex-players, that is pretty much all it achieved.

Just seems a shame to me a night of celebration is being discussed for all the wrong reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.