Mayfield Depot Tonight 93.20 celebration

Read back on my comments, I've already said the moron who threw the beer was a dick and I hope he's found and dealt with. As it was a balloted event of only 2,000 it might not be as hard to find him as he thinks hiding in the dark as he threw it. What equally annoys me is that a few amongst us are happy to do the media's work for them and highlight such issues instead of keeping it in-house. I was about 50-100 feet from the stage on the raised section and I wasn't aware beer had been thrown at him until I read this thread. If I wasn't aware I doubt the media would until it was mentioned or somebody contacted them.
I am well aware of your condemnation. The event has been widely mentioned in advance,in paper and online media, it was never going to stay in-house, some of the media couldn't wait for a few amongst to do something to provide a negative story, I don't believe for a second they wouldn't know, without any tip offs.

Your attitude is a bit stupid for the lack of understanding what happened.

If you had a 'best mate' who you found out was a paedo, but got invited to your wedding, would you be happy?

I'll be your reasoning would be "I remember him as a great mate not his actions since!"!

Yes, it was dumb with the attack, but when you see who's perceived to be an 'enemy', you're going to bristle.

It's incredible with the lack of awareness of emotion and alcohol involved, about the night.
"Look, obviously, you're a bit thick for not understanding."
"Actual City fans " ""It is simple" for US as fans."
"Your attitude is a bit stupid for the lack of understanding what happened."
"I'll be your reasoning would be"
"It's incredible with the lack of awareness of emotion and alcohol involved, about the night."
"who's perceived to be an 'enemy',"
All that bile and bitterness in two posts and I'm the thick & stupid one ?? I fully understand what happened, I don't see lines of "likes" under your posts though, maybe "Actual fans" & US fans" don't share your reasonable !! views. You have no clue what my "reasoning" might be. Are you aware of the numbers of innocent football fans whose needless deaths have been excused as being the result " emotion and alcohol."
The ("attack") beer throwing was dumb and considering a pain in the ass tv commentator and his like as the "enemy" is mindless. You want an "enemy," go to a war front, cure disease, something worthwhile for US Actual City fans.

Actually Einstein I've been going To City since 1970 and recall Tyler in the late 1980s sneering at Andy Dibble v Gary Crosby ( you probably Werent there) when the latter Headed The ball out of his hand
And as far as this board is concerned I came back on here 8.3.20 I have had various spells b4 that So you are wrong on a couple of calls
Rudeness? Lol welcome to Bluemoon
Cya
I see "PeatBeard said" has morphed into "Winchester" with 2 sets of histories, quite the chameleon. No surprise then you called me a clown and Einstein in the space of 2 posts, really out there thinking, not surprising though having read some of your previous posts.

I am well aware of your condemnation. The event has been widely mentioned in advance,in paper and online media, it was never going to stay in-house, some of the media couldn't wait for a few amongst to do something to provide a negative story, I don't believe for a second they wouldn't know, without any tip offs.

It actually wasn't widely mentioned. In fact I know lifelong Blues who weren't aware any event was even happening. When;I asked one in the pub if he was going he said, "What event??? I've not heard anything." I only knew about it as I received an email asking if I wanted to enter the ballot. I rarely visit the City website.

Such is the instant non filtered nature of social media platforms I agree it would have been out there pretty much as it happened, either here, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. I still haven't seen any actual footage of the beer being thrown or the aftermath but plenty talking about it. There was beer thrown into the air when Aguero scored again on the big screens, could this be what happened? Maybe I'm hoping it was an accident.

It actually wasn't widely mentioned. In fact I know lifelong Blues who weren't aware any event was even happening. When;I asked one in the pub if he was going he said, "What event??? I've not heard anything." I only knew about it as I received an email asking if I wanted to enter the ballot. I rarely visit the City website.

Such is the instant non filtered nature of social media platforms I agree it would have been out there pretty much as it happened, either here, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. I still haven't seen any actual footage of the beer being thrown or the aftermath but plenty talking about it. There was beer thrown into the air when Aguero scored again on the big screens, could this be what happened? Maybe I'm hoping it was an accident.
Unfortunately no accident. It was thrown towards the stage, hit the table and splashed over Clichy and a little bit on Sergio when he was signing shirts. Clichy got up and walked off

Unfortunately no accident. It was thrown towards the stage, hit the table and splashed over Clichy and a little bit on Sergio when he was signing shirts. Clichy got up and walked off

I didn't see it happen but there was so much going on it's not surprising.

Tyler’s commentary of that goal is iconic, so IMO it was right to have him there. However, since that day he sounds like he’s at his own funeral almost every time we’ve scored and he’s been commentating. One of the worst examples of this was the 3-0 win at Old Trafford during Pellegrini’s title winning season. I was lucky enough to be at the game so didn’t have to put myself through listening to him live but when I watched it back, there was a clear difference in his excitement levels when each team was attacking. We had a sensational start to that game with Dzeko scoring inside the first minute but you’d be mistaken for thinking it was a consolation goal in a 5-1 defeat going off Tyler’s commentary. Yet when United had a half chance later on in that half, his “FELLAINI!” screech must’ve come close to smashing millions of TV screens up and down the country! Some people put this down to directives from Sky as opposed to Tyler being biased and I can kind of see that, but how come this never happens when Rob Hawthorne is commentating? Hawthorne gets immersed in it all regardless of who is winning and who is scoring and is ten times the commentator that Tyler is.

So yeah, I fully get why he was booed the other night and if I was there I’d have probably booed him too, but the meltdown on here amongst some posters is almost as funny as the meltdown when Garry Cook inducted Uwe Rosler into the “Manchester United Hall Of Fame”, a mistake that led to loads of fans calling for Cook to be sacked. Personally, I thought that incident was hilarious in a “Typical City” kind of way!

I got the email too and read about it in advance on a number of newspaper sites, some people haven't heard of the war in Ukraine but its not because it isn't widely mentioned. I fully agree with the rest of your post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.