Mayweather vs. Canelo Thread

Jumanji

Surprised a thread hasn't been made for this. I haven't been this excited about a fight in quite a while. I actually think Canelo can upset Mayweather, but Canelo's stamina will come into question. He's much bigger than Mayweather, but Floyd will have him chasing shadows, and that's physically taxing. Can't wait for this fight. City play on the same day so should be an excellent Saturday for sport.

These behind-the-scenes episodes have been getting me hyped for the match:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HikEO2a_Tjw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTRWXNd8ZJI[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt6K2ttXuw4[/youtube]

Canelo wont win. Only a couple of people had the ability to beat Mayweather and he managed to dodge them. Should be a good fight though depends what sort of mentality Canelo has, if he goes chasing Mayweather he could be done in 6 rounds.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Canelo wont win. Only a couple of people had the ability to beat Mayweather and he managed to dodge them. Should be a good fight though depends what sort of mentality Canelo has, if he goes chasing Mayweather he could be done in 6 rounds.

I'm intrigued. Who's Mayweather dodged ? Please don't say Pacquiao or I'lll wet myself laughing....

Interesting to read the other day that Mayweather was only 1/2 a pound over while Canelo was still something like 5!

Gutted its on boxnation but after Stoke I dont think I would have the stamina to stay up and watch anyway

Floyd takes a lopsided decision win.

Canelo is made to order for Floyd. Floyd will make him look like a slow plodder in there. The best chance Canelo has is to hope Floyd's legs have aged, cut off the ring, and maul him to death. Floyd showed in the Guerrero fight that he still has superb movement/ring generalship.

One of the best of this era yes one of the best of all time not quite. He wouldn't be in my top 10.

He wins this fight though, Canelo needs to do so much more in this fight than he's done before, he needs to bring Hatton stamina/work rate, with de la Hoya ring smarts not sure he can throw 100 punches a round and even if he can he needs to be doing so with the ring cut off.

tweetstreet said:
One of the best of this era yes one of the best of all time not quite. He wouldn't be in my top 10.

He wins this fight though, Canelo needs to do so much more in this fight than he's done before, he needs to bring Hatton stamina/work rate, with de la Hoya ring smarts not sure he can throw 100 punches a round and even if he can he needs to be doing so with the ring cut off.
For me, Mayweather is the best defensive boxer of all time.

Jumanji said:
tweetstreet said:

For me, Mayweather is the best defensive boxer of all time.

Willie Pep, Nicolino Locche, Wilfired Benitez, and Pernell Whitaker. Though, Floyd Mayweather is in the conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.