Mcafee

wahablue

Anyone had dealings on line,they have take funds from my account,I have not been a customer for a few years,Tele phone no use I,m severely deaf,been given the run around on their web sight,any help ,I,ll be great ful,

Anyone had dealings on line,they have take funds from my account,I have not been a customer for a few years,Tele phone no use I,m severely deaf,been given the run around on their web sight,any help ,I,ll be great ful,
Sorry this refers to Mcafee

Depending on the outcome of the visit to your bank, I’ve had a look on their website and the below might be an option:

Go to your account page here and sign in using the email and password that you use to access that account and then turn off ther auto-renewal.

http://home.mcafee.com/Default.aspx?culture=EN-GB (See 'My Account' in the top right corner).

Capture.JPG

Then contact Customer Service to get a refund:

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 79490107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

Alternatively contact them by online Chat here: http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=2057&sg=CS&pt=1&st=CHAT

Chat online with a Customer Service representative for answers to questions such as billing and account related inquiries.
Estimated wait time: 2 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-17.00 local, Monday through Friday

There is also an email option which I don't recommend as a) it is the slowest method, and b) account matters are best dealt with one-on-one.

Banks are often useless when it comes to recurring fees as they say you will have to get the source to stop their renewals, but if you can't get a hold of them...!!

1642181277822.png

As for the above, it may work but if @wahablue hasn't been with them for years, it will be a latent activation, so i think the issue is one the poster not clearing his computer from all things McAfee, which embeds itself into programs, ironically, like a virus!!

It is most likely the poster will have keys embedded and hard to detect which will keep sending info back to the company (which is why one gets pop ups to prompt a sale).

I suggest you search an 'uninstaller' programme like... 'Your Uninstaller', an old programme, but very good. This will search for and remove root keys for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.