MCFC talk of a ‘certain clique’ influencing the FA!

Gary James

There’s an article I posted to my website a short while ago which contains extraordinary criticism by City challenging the authority/interference of the FA and basically saying that the FA is antiquated and governs football poorly, saying there’s a clique etc. But this wasn’t written in recent years. This is from 1900.

I guess there are parallels with today. I won’t go into detail but have a read of it all and see what you think. This criticism was published in the MCFC match programme and therefore was the official word of the club at the time. No wonder the FA ‘clique’ wanted to curb City’s development In the years that followed!

There’s an article I posted to my website a short while ago which contains extraordinary criticism by City challenging the authority/interference of the FA and basically saying that the FA is antiquated and governs football poorly, saying there’s a clique etc. But this wasn’t written in recent years. This is from 1900.

I guess there are parallels with today. I won’t go into detail but have a read of it all and see what you think. This criticism was published in the MCFC match programme and therefore was the official word of the club at the time. No wonder the FA ‘clique’ wanted to curb City’s development In the years that followed!

I'd say there are many parallels to today. We were seen as brash, moneyed upstarts which upset the likes of Aston Villa, who saw themselves as the establishment.

Those clubs effectively controlled the FA so they were constantly investigating our financial affairs until they found the illegal payments (helped by Meredith grassing on us).

I'd say there are many parallels to today. We were seen as brash, moneyed upstarts which upset the likes of Aston Villa, who saw themselves as the establishment.

Those clubs effectively controlled the FA so they were constantly investigating our financial affairs until they found the illegal payments (helped by Meredith grassing on us).
Yes, totally agree. Talked & written about this often. Every time the details are researched the more ridiculous it all gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.