MCFC U16's

Edward Francis and Tyrese Campbell selected for England U 17 Qualifying Group in Portugal at the end of September. Francis been a regular in England squads since age of 14 , currently with City U16.

it is mate and we have done this in the past, but it had made no difference as the losing team at this point is so disillusioned they have virtually given up
don't get me wrong it not always like this, but the way we are coached is reaping its rewards against shall we say "old school" way of playing
i suppose the city kids are seeing this as well
long may it continue

I took my lad to a youth team (U8s and U10s) with links to city, it wasn’t for him but the standard of coaching was exceptionally good. There would always be some kids bigger / faster / stronger than the rest but it was quite clear the aim of the whole exercise was to teach them to control the ball, pass and move into space. They were being taught the basic skills and the coaches were very clearly trying to get the kids who could just physically dominate games not to and to try and play with skill.

I took my lad to a youth team (U8s and U10s) with links to city, it wasn’t for him but the standard of coaching was exceptionally good. There would always be some kids bigger / faster / stronger than the rest but it was quite clear the aim of the whole exercise was to teach them to control the ball, pass and move into space. They were being taught the basic skills and the coaches were very clearly trying to get the kids who could just physically dominate games not to and to try and play with skill.

we play team who's coaches who are so desperate to win that they revert to the keeper kicking it long so as to get the ball into our box( no skill in that at all) we persist in playing it out from the back and encourage pass and move. being so young it doesn't always work but when it does its a joy to watch.
its really sad seeing young kids being told to just hoof it up field because the coaches desperately want to win at all costs

we play team who's coaches who are so desperate to win that they revert to the keeper kicking it long so as to get the ball into our box( no skill in that at all) we persist in playing it out from the back and encourage pass and move. being so young it doesn't always work but when it does its a joy to watch.
its really sad seeing young kids being told to just hoof it up field because the coaches desperately want to win at all costs

Utd ?

I'd probably agree on that tbh. Not much we can do about it though! I can't imagine that scenario happens very often!
3 youth games, 40 scored, 0 conceded. Ruining football the Manchester City way.

Be interesting to know how long the u10s game was, surely no more than 20 minutes a half?

Only just over a month until the u16/18 derbies.....

four quarters 20 mins, 15 mins, 20 mins, 15 mins usually

U16s play at lpool academy on sat In qualifiers for national tournament play Derby Sunderland and Liverpool in 1 day ,I think there 40 min games ,shroud be fun beat Sunderland 9-2 three weeks ago

U16s play at lpool academy on sat In qualifiers for national tournament play Derby Sunderland and Liverpool in 1 day ,I think there 40 min games ,shroud be fun beat Sunderland 9-2 three weeks ago

Interesting to see what the results will be tomorrow. I have really started to follow the results from our academy in the last few months....have heard an awful lot about Sancho and Brahim...exciting times ahead!!!.

Just to let everybody know brahim is not a u16 he is a scholar playing down to get game time while waiting for clearance , but still quality

16results from yesterday lpool 0-1city , Sunderland 0-2city , Derby 0-5 city well done lads, top 2 teams progress to finals so should have been city and Derby but as lpool are the hosts they get Derby spot how bads that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.