MCFC U19 vs Celtic U19 (1pm Kick Off)

Suddenly all our moves had purpose rather than just poncing about.

Fantastic.

Gonzales looks head & shoulders a better striker than the other options I've seen in this team.

He just wants to score which makes the difference. Seen him score a few scruffy tap ins for the 18s already, and that in itself is valuable.

I've barely seen him play but on the last two occasions I've thought he looked great. Footballer & intelligent, who also works hard & sticks his foot in.

He's good. Captains the Welsh u17s and I really like him. Genuinely a touch of the Fernandinho's to him. He scored a ton for the u16s last year too.

Brahim Diaz is not a centre forward. In every game I have seen him played there, we have looked much improved when a centre forward has been brought on and he has been withdrawn behind him. It should not take multiple appearances there for the coaching team to see what is blindingly obvious.

Brahim Diaz is not a centre forward. In every game I have seen him played there, we have looked much improved when a centre forward has been brought on and he has been withdrawn behind him. It should not take multiple appearances there for the coaching team to see what is blindingly obvious.

Maybe they are trying to develop that part of his game. He would be far more use full player if he was a genuine goal threat and had instincts to run in behind instead of always looking to drop back and get on the ball in space. That is the thing with Youth football, we might score more with a 6ft striker every game but the objective is to create 1st team players and if Diaz can play anywhere across the front he stands much more chance. He does need to work on it though.

Wrote my first match report in a while for City Watch if anyone fancies a read.

#UYL XI to face @celticfc: Haug, Duhaney, Humphreys, Oliver, Francis, Smith, Bolton, Kongolo, Diaz, Fernandes, Sancho #mcfc

Subs: Latibeaudiere, Sokol, Pozo, Patching, Buckley-Ricketts, Gonzalez, Nmecha

So Tosin definitely in the first team, hopefully as a starter.

Is it his Dad, Uncle, or Granny who's got the whistle for Saturday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.