MCFC U19 vs Celtic U19 (1pm Kick Off)

Maybe they are trying to develop that part of his game. He would be far more use full player if he was a genuine goal threat and had instincts to run in behind instead of always looking to drop back and get on the ball in space. That is the thing with

Youth football, we might score more with a 6ft striker every game but the
objective is to create 1st team players
and if Diaz can play anywhere across the front he stands much more chance. He does need to work on it though.

Just thought I would say what a sensible post that was.

Just thought I would say what a sensible post that was.

Some sense maybe to get experience in that striker role but I would say he already is a genuine goal threat and his goal threat doesn't come from being a "striker" in the old traditional sense. He attacks brilliantly from midfield, central or wide, and he links very well with the attacking players in front of him. Of course he needs experience, all very young players do but this lad is quite special and can already play anywhere across the front and attacking midfield.

Some sense maybe to get experience in that striker role but I would say he already is a genuine goal threat and his goal threat doesn't come from being a "striker" in the old traditional sense. He attacks brilliantly from midfield, central or wide, and he links very well with the attacking players in front of him. Of course he needs experience, all very young players do but this lad is quite special and can already play anywhere across

the front and attacking midfield.

Agreed he won't be a striker. Neither I or the original poster were really saying he would be.
I think they want him to have an awareness of a different role.
I think they want to toughen him up.
They want him to improve his work in front of goal.
I think we can all agree what a talent.

Agreed he won't be a striker. Neither I or the original poster were really saying he would be.
I think they want him to have an awareness of a different role.
I think they want to toughen him up.
They want him to improve his work in front of goal.

I think we can all agree what a talent.
I'm not sure there's any worry over the two highlighted parts to be honest.

Then it must just be poor tactical decisions by the management team.
Playing him out of position for no reason and hindering his development.
How many times does it have to be said? Tactics have nothing to do with it, it's part of the learning process. Which is the opposite of hindering his development btw.

How many times does it have to be said? Tactics have nothing to do with it, it's part of the learning process. Which is the opposite of hindering his development btw.

So when I posted 3 aspects of the learning process. E.g. playing with his back to goal. Learning to deal with centre backs who will knee him in the back, rake his ankles with their studs.
Learning how to find space in tight areas, when to come short, get behind defences. Then you tell me No no he doesn't need to learn.

Or is it a few people on this thread are the only people able to express an opinion..

So when I posted 3 aspects of the learning process. E.g. playing with his back to goal. Learning to deal with centre backs who will knee him in the back, rake his ankles with their studs.
Learning how to find space in tight areas, when to come short, get behind defences. Then you tell me No no he doesn't need to learn.

Or is it a few people on this thread are the only people able to express an opinion..
I think you need to re-read your own posts bud because none of that made any sense at all.

Your last sentence is just childish nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.