MCFC Website is rubbish.

Crazy part is they say the phone lines are down yet list the phone number at the bottom of the email.
So can people ring or not?

The fact that a serious commercial website has been built on Wix should tell you all you need to know. I could be wrong, but I suspect somebody involved in the club put forward their nephew/niece/parakeet who had recently achieved a GNVQ Level 1 in website design and cross-stitch.

Mrs Moon has a Wix website which works fine for a one woman mini-business which I think should be their level.

I'm not IT savvy enough to know if the traffic problems on the OS are due to City or Wix.

3 words to describe the user interface experience on the City website:

Jarring, unwieldy, cluttered

Call me a cynic but I’ve just logged on to take a screenshot of my loyalty points. Not that I think they could lose all existing data as they close down one system and fire up the new one..
I thought I was paranoid as I did the same but you're right. I'll go with cynical.

Capture.png

The above image is of the webpage about the current bad news about Kompany on the Mancity.com website.
I followed a bloody large image with the same headline, occupying almost the same amount of screen on the homepage, to end up at webpage which repeats the massive headline and image, causing me to scroll to actually get to anything useful, ie the article's text.

Suggestions:
1. As per screenshot, allow removal of 'CityNow' annoying shitterfeed - Thanks Adblock, a few clicks and it's gone forever. :-)
2. With the removal of the 'CityNow', the headline can occupy more horizontal space, though still needs to be smaller.
3. With the removal of the 'CityNow', the image moves up/can live on the righthand side of the headline, though still needs to be smaller - I think most people know what Vinny looks like.
4. The article's writer, and social media guff, can also be moved up/to the right.
5. Finally with all the above, the text of the article (ie why you clicked on the article in the 1st place) becomes readable at the point of the webpage displaying, rather than having to scroll down to actually achieve anything.

It's not rocket science in web design, (and I'm in no way one! - i do the nuts and bolts, design and UX is someone elses job :-) - as demonstrated by my artistic "snipping tool' skills. )

FFS.

how has what used to be a great website ahead of most football clubs become so crap. It was since they changed it 3 years or so ago. The interface and all round structure of the site is crap.

Then the info is to widely, trying to look at every small aspect of the club rather than showing what fans are actually interested in.

Highlights and pictures at one time where quite good, now its cheese crap pictures.

Information we actually need cant be found sifting through all the junk.

Cant get on it when abroad of on ipad.

I rarely go on it, used to be on it most days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.