Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or are they searching for articles on the club, and coming across negative ones. Just like perceived positive articles get highlighted and discussed on bluemoon, why not those perceived as negative?

Like my good friend Pudge has highlighted there is not a positive media thread even during such a positive time. Again this supports my point some people prefer to see the negatives rather than the positives within the media.

Or would you suggest positive quotes, comments, articles receive as much coverage as negative articles?

Like my good friend Pudge has highlighted there is not a positive media thread even during such a positive time. Again this supports my point some people prefer to see the negatives rather than the positives within the media.

Or would you suggest positive quotes, comments, articles receive as much coverage as negative articles?
Perhaps you could start a thread of you think the board is lacking one.

PMSL at this thread, as usual.

Practically the whole sports media are fawning over our team, our squad, our results and our infrastructure. We are pretty much Champions Elect in everyone's eyes. I've got a daft Chelsea mate on Facebook who does all that usually silly one-eyed "everyone hates us" stuff on an ongoing basis. He's absolutely beside himself about the way that the media are "up our arses".

I think "fawning over our team" is taking it a bit far. Perhaps they should be, but they are not; most of the media is trying to ignore us. OK, so it's not as bad as attacking us, but ignoring us sends a pretty clear message about where editors' allegiances lie.

Take the BBC sport web-site: not a single mention of us on the "front" page of BBC Football yesterday but 3 or 4 headlines for the rags, and 1-2 each for Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. Even Bournemouth and Norwich got a headline. The team that's top of the league with a 100% record get zilch! Not even a link to our match report until you get to the BBC Premier League front page, and even then, it was one sub-headline about half way down.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could start a thread of you think the board is lacking one.

I do not think there would be much interest to be honest. The negative articles prove a lot more interesting for many. No doubt somebody will be 'outraged' by Stanley Collymore in the next few weeks even though talksports whole philosophy is to be controversial to get people calling in etc. Like moths to the flame sadly.

The less said about us, means that more is going right for us. Just enjoy the fact that we're playing great and support the best club in the world.

I enjoy all the rag articles and over the top praise for them - it just means they get even more expectation put on them until another Swansea shows them up for what they are... SHITE

I do not think there would be much interest to be honest. The negative articles prove a lot more interesting for many. No doubt somebody will be 'outraged' by Stanley Collymore in the next few weeks even though talksports whole philosophy is to be controversial to get people calling in etc. Like moths to the flame sadly.
Why does it concern you? If Collymore says something about us (good or bad) why shouldnt we discuss it?

If someone is outraged, so what?

On the way back from hospital earlier, I heard on the 3:30 news summary the female BBC presenter say that Aguero was out of our UCL match tomorrow night. She then added that City had only got out of the group stages once before! Obviously not media bias, just reading from an ill-prepared script by some other cretin.

(I must have dreamt going to Barcelona the first time and pissing in the sink!)

You don't seem to have much interest in discussing the topic of this thread but that doesn't stop you clicking on it and posting so don't knock it even before you've given it ago and made the thread, chin up and believe.

Why does it concern you? If Collymore says something about us (good or bad) why shouldnt we discuss it?

If someone is outraged, so what?

It concerns me no more than I am posting on a forum and exchanging opinions in relation to Manchester City.

Of course you can discuss it and equally I can say if you listen to someone who is contentious and aim is to provoke do not be surprised if its contentious and provoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.