Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought at half time we were the dominant team, controlled the game and possession and all the mighty Juve had was an offside goal. In comes the commentary - Allegri must be the happy manager at half-time and Juve has been the better team and so on.

If Liverpool had won the league, we would be hearing about 'victory of football' to this day. Sickening

At least most blues 'it seems' are starting to see through it. Unfortunately the gullible masses don't

I was at the game so didn't hear all of it but I did watch the last ten minutes only to hear Mcmannaman consistently slagging us. I am getting mightily sick of this 'they've got to move it quicker' to be honest it's an absolute nonsense. The idea that you can pass the ball quickly when you have banks of five to get through is ridiculous. The reality is that you have to pick your passes much more carefully otherwise you are constantly at risk of your passes getting intercepted. Naturally the pace of the game will slow when it's defence vs attack as players have no space to run into and it's harder to find your man.

It has now become accepted parlance amongst the footballing masses that you can somehow inject pace into these situations.

In reality, this situation requires patience and an ability to break the lines and pick the right pass, not some kind of magical injection of speed in very tight situations.

But no, in this situation, cue 10 minutes of slagging from McMannamon. My experience of English teams in Europe is that they are quite partisan and the narrative would be encouragement and a positive discussion on behalf of the. English team. Not for BTSport they were positively in Juve's camp.

I thought the point wasn't about passing quickly, but about getting up the field quickly to prevent the Juve defence setting itself. Unfortunately Bony isn't quick, and Nasri isn't quick and turns inside a lot, so it stopped while Juve organised themselves.

Although McMannaman has the same problem the Scottish pundit (Provan? Burley?) has of repeating himself, it seemed broadly fair.

I wonder if we would get more positive comments from these twats if we somehow found ourselves in a semi-final, and being the last English team in the competition? I think we all know the answer.

Jeremy Cross in the Star today, humiliated, Flops, Roy Keane wouldn't show respect like Joe Hart did, and MP "will" say something but its absolute "Twaddle" so he's said our manager is talking Twaddle with something he didn't say LOL

waits for what do you expect in the Star replies

Did Alan Green on BBC really say that Juve's win was a victory for football?

If so, he shouldn't be let in the ground ever again.

I noticed that Ned scored a last gasper for QPR t'other night. I had a quick scan down the report to see if 'ex-Manchester City player Nedum Onuhoa secured a draw for Rangers " was mentioned but no! Had it been Sir Nobrat the 'ex-Manchester City jailbird' it would have been in the headline!

Great start, RAG and a Dipper with Lineker.

Lineker, calls our stadium City of Manchester..........

Over to Des Kelly a RAGS fan!

Not a blue in site, only on for 5 minutes.

THANK GOD I'M OFF TO THE GAME.

UEFA forbid the use of sponsors names on venues in their competitions, so in the CL or EL he's perfectly correct, it's the City of Manchester Stadium.

UEFA forbid the use of sponsors names on venues in their competitions, so in the CL or EL he's perfectly correct, it's the City of Manchester Stadium.

I was wondering why the seats had covers on. UEFA are a bunch of cheeky cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.