Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game at the Etiihad. Last night I watched the BT live broadcast of it and I couldnt believe the negativiity against City.

I dont buy this thing about there being a conspiracy against City but I am aware of the media bias and this game was the best example of it yet!

The commentary was negative at nearly every point, even when we scored macmanaknob was glad it was a foul and own goal. We attacked and Macmanafuck was talking about how well Juve were defending, attack after attack, attempt after attempt by City and Macmanatwat actually said "this game is setup for Juve" referring to the poor way attacked too slowly and didnt get forward. It was not only cherry picked it was a negative vibe all the way through that game commentary, they were glad we got beat and tbh most commentators in the country are glad. biased fuckers

That game had macmanaman, gerrard in the studio, Ferdinand in the studio and Linekar who hates clubs buying trophies, no wonder there is some bias going on...... Seriously something has to be done about this, ex city players should be on these shows. And Pellers REALLY should be firing the team up over this,. I am not even sure the team are aware of this....

They are.

Viera, Vinny, and Hart have alluded to it in TV interviews the past couple of years.

Well I demand that bbc, BT, Sky all use ex city players as commentators because as I see it there is a danger of monopoly by the historically big teams having their ex players in the commentators/pundits chairs spouting their biased shite! Look at the shite that Sterling got, the ex liverpool players rounded on him like a pack.

It's the same for all other prem teams, why should only Arsenal/Utd/Liverpool players be commentating.

Who cares about the media !

Lets just focus on winning the next game, and let them do the talking.

Everyone cares about the media, people listen to that shite and tbh we shouldnt let them get away with it. Think about this..... Last season Aguerro got hardly any mention about his golden boot, and tbh he hardly gets enough recognition. If I were him I would be looking at moving to another club where I can raise my profile.

I might be on one today and the City-Juve game did a annoy me but I have written to BT already, it shouldn't be allowed to have a studio full of Utd/Liverpool fans an players commentating on the team they hate!

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,6564/?s_cid=con_FURL_sportcomplaints

I don't have a problem with Gerrard or most other Liverpool ex-players being on, but having a Utd player was never going to be totally balanced - why wasn't he gurning about the glorious victory over PSV (they did win, right? I'm sure it would have been news if they hadn't).

Tarring all Liverpool pundits with one brush is a bit simplistic in my mind. I mean, even Utd have one relatively balanced individual.

I don't have a problem with Gerrard or most other Liverpool ex-players being on, but having a Utd player was never going to be totally balanced - why wasn't he gurning about the glorious victory over PSV (they did win, right? I'm sure it would have been news if they hadn't).

Tarring all Liverpool pundits with one brush is a bit simplistic in my mind. I mean, even Utd have one relatively balanced individual.
Who is that, and why doesn't he commentate on our matches?

not tarring anyone with any brushes. Having a commentary teams that mostly consist of Utd and Liverpool players creates bias.

It is the same on MOTD, their presentation has the feel of them having just walked out of the rehearsal having slagged off City and trying not to do it on live there is hardly any praise. Jeeez have we got to wait for a generation for City players to come through into the media worldbefore we start getting the deserved recognition?

crazyg - Neville usually manages to keep some kind of balance, even if he's sometimes doing it through gritted teeth!

not tarring anyone with any brushes. Having a commentary teams that mostly consist of Utd and Liverpool players creates bias.

It is the same on MOTD, their presentation has the feel of them having just walked out of the rehearsal having slagged off City and trying not to do it on live there is hardly any praise. Jeeez have we got to wait for a generation for City players to come through into the media worldbefore we start getting the deserved recognition?

Carragher is fine, I find. McMannaman and Quinn are strange because sometimes they can be supportive, and sometimes hostile. It's the Scottish co-commentator - Provan? - who is relentlessly negative and repetitive.

MOTD can get a bit staid. Keown seems to be an improvement, Murphy is hot and cold. But then I like Lawrenson's approach to it all, which may say a lot about me.

I prefer the pundits to the commentators mostly, especially the ludicrous Pearce, Tyler and Drury.

Tbh, it should just fire up our players and the way we started the season it looks it might have just done exactly that. After all bullshit of us missing the top 4 players looked very hungry in first few games.

Do utd not release attendance figures,just looking at last nites results and on the s*n online all the results last nite have the attendance apart from you know who, strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.