Media bias - yes that old chestnut

I agree with you to a point, Goat.
I don't just have a selective memory. I chose the lasst season before your money started to come in.
34.000 average was commendable for that season, you pointed out. 15 points all season with an abysmal team and shite performances. Hard to call that "Fickle".

And cheers, Dirty Harry.

I've no gripe on here with City fans at all, and totally respect the vast majority. And let's not forget what we did for you in '68, LOL.

But there seems a lot of weordos latched onto your recent relative 'success'. or was it always like that?

I didn't join this board to gloat over the win, BTW. Joined a few months ago, about an unrelated subject. (City and not SAFC being the subject). Then realised you can't start a new thread until 100 posts. That's a lifetime, LOL. I'll have to email that 'Ric' bloke, about him maybe waiving the rule temporarally for one thread? Or maybe he/another poster may be able to ghost the thread for me.

Berkovic_blue said:
Dirty Harry said:
Let's not start taking cheap shots at Sunderland for 'empty seats' and their support and shit, they're a decent club with decent fans, one of the best around all things considered, save that stuff for the likes of Everton, Rags, Arsenal, Spurs etc who only too gladly take pot shots at us at every opportunity.

heh, going on to another club's forums posting attendance tables is very sad though tbh

Personally I don't have a problem here considering we've just played them and they've more than likely just to come on to gauge opinion of the game etc from our point of view and then felt they should respond to some of the comments that have been made mate, nowt wrong with that for me.

Berkovic_blue said:
Dirty Harry said:
Let's not start taking cheap shots at Sunderland for 'empty seats' and their support and shit, they're a decent club with decent fans, one of the best around all things considered, save that stuff for the likes of Everton, Rags, Arsenal, Spurs etc who only too gladly take pot shots at us at every opportunity.

heh, going on to another club's forums posting attendance tables is very sad though tbh

It was in response to one of your posters (and mods) having a cheap and unjustified pop at out crowd, tbh though.
I'm not normally that sad.

I'm listening to Gillette Soccer Special in the background. Thompson shouts "Goal!" and it was immediately obvious that Chelsea had scored. Just that slight lack of enthusiasm in his voice.

I take the point that some pundits are just too close to their ex clubs. But generally they just want the result that creates the most interest.

Sunderland fans were great with us yesterday went in all the pubs and bars before the match and they wanted to talk football they were pleased we were top and not utd. After the game they were euphoric with the result but not in any way gloating unlike wba fans most agreed it was offside but did point out that citys back line was static and shouldv played to the whistle all in all my opinion is that they are very much like us good decent fans

Sunderland have decent fans and always turn out in good numbers so any pricks knocking them are bang out of order, football is pricey and only the SKY 4 and Spurs have wealthy fans not to mention day trippers so 40000 was a bloody good gate.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:18 pm --<br /><br />Best thing i did this year was get rid of Sky Sports, over the top hype, pundits with agendas, every game is a "classic", the Premier League is the greatest league ever etc etc, the lowest common denominator and utter tripe that is glossy Sky Sports.

danburge82 said:
de niro said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Who said it was Tyler's fault?

It's not too much to ask for relatively unbiased reporting on a national TV broadcaster, he was willing them to score before they did. No problem him getting a bit excited after they score but the man's a clown.

And we quite clearly deserved a draw, we battered them for most of the game and lost to an offside goal. If you think that means we were shit and deserved nothing then I honestly don't know what to think, you must be some kind of downtrodden doormat.

Exactly. Sunderland are and always will be shit.

And those empty seats ha ha ha.
What are you on about? Same number of empty seats when we were 15th in the Prem under Pearce!

not at home on new years day there wern't. also the sunderland fans are always giving it the billy big bollocks when truth is they are a tiny club with fuck all support. we as fans and as a club have always known our place be it the best in the prem as in now or shite for 35 years prior.

Feed-The-Goat said:
One person summed it up today.

Martin Tyler and his woman like screaming, he spunked so hard before the ball even hit the net, it was unbelievable.

I hate the biased **** with a passion

Martin Tyler did nothing wrong.
Just the same old bollocks on here of trying to victimise City so we don't look like we caused our own problems.

We're title challengers now, which means any loss is going to be a shock. Especially a 90th minute loss after dominating for pretty much the entirety of the match. He sounded amazed that Sunderland had snatched a win, but celebrated? Shut the fuck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.