Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"they are going to take some shifting for as long as Abu Dhabi is bankrolling the club" even though club lives and grows off its own performance now.
If I was doing the PR I'd have the journo in next day they write this crap and spell out the consequences.
And then the publisher / website.

One small sentence in a positive article? That is so mild compared to most of the crap posted elsewhere. Compare and contrast with the Ewan Mackenna artricle in the link Ric posted earlier.

Also, even if we continue to be a self-sustaining business we will still benefit from the financial clout of owners in the future.

The real story should be that we have competed for the title without our most influential player all season , we took all competitions seriously and hence we have a very good chance of the first domestic treble ever ,we have pulled back a ten point deficit with a 13 match winning run , we have the joint best defence in the league even taking into account our defence can be "got at" , we have scored 50 goals more this season than another teams "best front three in the world" and we havent had opposing keepers throwing the ball in their own net to get three vital points.
But the above doesnt sell newspapers or generate clicks , so best to ignore.

"they are going to take some shifting for as long as Abu Dhabi is bankrolling the club" even though club lives and grows off its own performance now.
If I was doing the PR I'd have the journo in next day they write this crap and spell out the consequences.
And then the publisher / website.
Islington journalists thinking that they are supporting the "working class" when backing Liverpool against the evil nouveau riche! Fuck off you twats, these plastic money grabbing wankers are the problem with English football.

The coverage is bordering on the jingoistic seen in international tournaments with us depicted as the foreign enemy standing in the way of the heroic underdog. Their response to Pep calling them out on their bias last week was laughable..... "it's not that we're biased in any form we just think Liverpool winning would be a better story"....freeloading ****s

I think there's too much paranoia on here, are we entitled to be above the gutter press or even the 'press'. Whenever have they reported something that does not have a taint to it.
If and that is a 'if' any semi respectful media outlet look in here they must be pulling one off! No **** likes the scouser's apart from themselves, having 30 of them on the TV gozzing everywhere is not going to win them neutrals. Don't click and don't listen and don't moan because it really isn't going to change anything!

This is not a reply to any particular post, it is a generic reply and I have no clue how to work the board. In the meantime any lurking snowflake from Brighton you can fuck off as well, 'throwing ourselves on the line' . Have a look at your owner and the betting syndicate before you judge what we are.

Could do without the line about abuse Dhabi riches, have these people never heard of ffp. Apart from that is one of the more reasonable articles but misses the point that we are good not just because of investment but because of structure and planning. Think he is right, if nobody ie dippers don't stop us winning the league this year we can go on and dominate. Not a lot of people want to acknowledge that but ironic as I've heard several dippers and their acolytes saying the reason some don't want them to win is because they will dominate.

Maybe wishful thinking but I don't think they will have anywhere near as good a season next year, especially if they don't win it this.

I'm sure Pep's been using the media bias to motivate our players long before he publically caled them out recently.... The thick tw*ats in the media don't even realise they're just spurring us on :D .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.