Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I was in Market Rasen for the game yesterday, courtyard of the pub has TV's outside, flags, party atmosphere etc.

Now usually when I'm there it's pretty quiet in the village and pubs but was heaving yesterday with what seemed to be half of the 659m raggy know nowt fans.

As I ordered my beer another customer asked the bar staff the team as he'd just walked in.....was not pleased Raz won the Sterling v Rashford battle, others grumbled as well.

I decided to wander round to see if this was the norm even though I could guess it was the case.

Spoke to 3 groups of lads 18-30, a total of 14 guys, none had a good word to say about Raz and all wanted Rashford to start, all tripped out the media shit about Raz.

I got Pope into the conversation not one of the 14 had any idea who he played for Soton & Wolves the main replies.

The media have done their job on Sterling, the man in the street with his head in the sand has decided he's shit and without the press having a change of direction it's not going to change.

The media have indeed done a job on Sterling, now they can sit back and watch. There are a lot of people need to look deeply at their reflection in the mirror and ask themselves whether they are an absolute ****.

Sterling relies on a forward pass played in front of him. When is he likely to receive one. Only time he gets the ball is by coming to half way line. Even in a 6-1 win, England's midfield is abject. That is the problem with this England side, not Sterling.

Current topic on Talksport......................................has Sterling done enough to stay in the team? its become an obsession with media.

I was in Market Rasen for the game yesterday, courtyard of the pub has TV's outside, flags, party atmosphere etc.

Now usually when I'm there it's pretty quiet in the village and pubs but was heaving yesterday with what seemed to be half of the 659m raggy know nowt fans.

As I ordered my beer another customer asked the bar staff the team as he'd just walked in.....was not pleased Raz won the Sterling v Rashford battle, others grumbled as well.

I decided to wander round to see if this was the norm even though I could guess it was the case.

Spoke to 3 groups of lads 18-30, a total of 14 guys, none had a good word to say about Raz and all wanted Rashford to start, all tripped out the media shit about Raz.

I got Pope into the conversation not one of the 14 had any idea who he played for Soton & Wolves the main replies.

The media have done their job on Sterling, the man in the street with his head in the sand has decided he's shit and without the press having a change of direction it's not going to change.

Nice little town , used to work at the race course a bit

Can’t beat the sweet shop

For us he very rarely played as a striker he was mainly out wide laying goals on or drifting In the box for his goals! Now in the England side he is classed as a striker so his scoring record has been the main topic plus having a go at him for not holding on to the ball back to goal?! That’s where Kane should be but with the 3 at the back it’s alternating between sterling and Kane. It’s working at the moment just because we have won our last 2 games, when we play better teams Sterling will be the difference.

Pretty much how I saw it. Just wasn't sure if I'd missed a bad miss. @Tom_mcfc

He should have buried it, good save but it was right at him. A bit of direction on what was a straight forward header and it is either a goal or then a world class save. That aside he didn't do much wrong, I think other players took yesterdays chance to shine considering the opposition but Sterling didn't do anything which should result in criticism minus one chance. I know we are unsure if we want to beat Belgium but I would say yesterdays starting line up is what I would consider our strongest.

I had a similar experience in a pub in Wilmslow . As the pub filled up and the team news was revealed it was meet by complete disbelive .
They had been told by the press all week that Rashford was in and couldn't understand it.
Then the slagging of Sterling started before a ball had been kicked !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.