Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 24 Jan 2017.

1. pudge

pudge

I think the 'Pep talk' was more about his chance at 2-0.

He managed to boil as much piss as he took at the end there, superb!

mat likes this.
  2. Bluep*ss

Bluep*ss

Do you know you £ sign from your $.............??????????

3. Mr.Feeny

Mr.Feeny

Anyone else surprised by the sheer number of articles talking about Sterling "showing off" and Sterling's "disrespectful taunting" and about the Guardiola "blowing up" at Raheem?

I'm surprised that a nothing incident has had entire articles written about it. Sterling was basking in the derby win and United hadn't touched the ball for an eternity while the crowd was doing Olés as Sterling, Sane, And Foden held the ball. He went for showmanship (ill-advised) for about 2 seconds and then created a corner. His manager quickly had a word with him about it and then congratulated him on playing an amazing match.

What is the big deal exactly? What is it about Sterling that really irks the media?

4. mcfc_ms

mcfc_ms

He did nothing wrong. Only thing pep was probably concerned about was the chance of one of their cloggers giving him a kick

Nothing more disrespecful than that dressage pony taking a penalty.

5. Ric

Ric

Here you go:

[​IMG]

Stevieatlasblue likes this.
  6. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

Whenever I hear the word ‘disrespectful’ bandied around in relation to united, I think of that banner.

Well done, Rahim.

7. Mr.Feeny

Mr.Feeny

I think it might well have been that as well. The way Guardiola put his arms out, straightened them, did a moving motion slightly to the right seemed to imply that it was about the scoring chance. Rather than take it in its stride and shoot, Sterling just hesitated and checked back onto his right foot.

It might have been a conversation about both incidents, but I agree with you; I do think part of it was about the chance.

Still, he had an incredible match and instead of giving the guy whom they've been targeting in the press for the last 3 years, the media has chosen focus on his "disrespect". Some of this is bizarre.

8. cookster

cookster

It's Raheem you disrespectful mother fucker.

9. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

TBF he was bollocking him for buying an alsation when he should have got a Rottweiller

10. Stevieatlasblue

Stevieatlasblue

Too right. Very disrespectful. Carry on Stirling.