Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Ian Wright called this out a few weeks ago and now Sterling has brilliantly spelt it out. I am so impressed with him. Middle aged white journalists do not understand young black culture and provide pointed analysis to their ageing white readers so everyone can laugh at how vulgar they think he is.

The club now has to take some responsibility and reinforce his message. We should be supporting this young victim with our enormous PR machinery.

The tit Morgan still thinks it doesnt happen to sterling, disgraceful man to the core.

Huge respect for sterling and amazing of his character that he keeps working hard and continues to improve in face of such vilified criticism.

I really hope the points he raised don't get swept under the carpet in a weeks time though chances are slim.

Pompous Tosser Morgan says Sterling is treated no worse than Rooney and he’s white! Shit for brains Morgan obvious overlooking the fact that most of the bad publicity Rooney has courted was largely due to his shagging (Grannies, hookers and publicity seekers) and cheating on his wife and kids... I guess the likes of Morgan could see nothing wrong in tapping Millie Dowlers phone so I wonder why I’m surprised.

Pompous Tosser Morgan says Sterling is treated no worse than Rooney and he’s white! Shit for brains Morgan obvious overlooking the fact that most of the bad publicity Rooney has courted was largely due to his shagging (Grannies, hookers and publicity seekers) and cheating on his wife and kids... I guess the likes of Morgan could see nothing wrong in tapping Millie Dowlers phone so I wonder why I’m surprised.
And mocking up a picture of british troops pissing on a prisioner and puting it on the front page as the truth,he is scum

Thread on Twitter by former journalist Paul McCarthy, who was also Raheem's media advisor for a while. I think he used to do a lot of stuff with City back in Paul Tyrrell's day as well.

When acting as a media advisor to @sterling7 , I once asked a tabloid news reporter who had written several derogatory stories about Raheem why he was singled out above seemingly every other Premier League footballer for this kind of treatment.

This came off the back of Sergio Aguero fracturing a rib in a car crash in Amsterdam when he'd taken a private jet to a concert during a few days off. It made the papers but barely raised a ripple.

My argument was, had it been Raheem, he would have been denounced and accused of living the 'bling' lifestyle (tabloid shorthand for a young black lifestyle) and made a scapegoat whereas Aguero didn't receive anything like the same level of opprobrium. Despite a lengthy discussion, the reporter couldn't give me any answer other than, 'Well, you know, Raheem should expect it. That's just how it is.'

And sadly, that is HOW IT IS.

I love newspapers. Until seven years ago, I made a career of being a tabloid sports reporter so I'm hardly going to wholly denounce an industry that gave me a comfortable lifestyle and allowed me to travel around the world covering the finest sporting events. But we cannot ignore the fact elements of the newspaper industry propagate covert and overt racism. Not against ALL young, black footballers but against those who don't fit into an historic white, middle class view of 'knowing their place.'

I've thought long and hard about this series of posts because I don't want to be accused of biting the hand that fed me for many years. But I've seen it from the other side and I'm distinctly uncomfortable with the kind of attitudes that see somebody like Raheem as 'fair game'.

I will always have an admiration for those who work tirelessly in the newspaper industry to provide a service which is entertaining, informative, thought-provoking and which often holds those in power to the kind of account they deserve. Yet there are certain sections which go beyond the boundaries of what is acceptable. I'm glad that Sterling has had the courage to voice his views. It's probably long overdue [/QUOTE]

this says it all

"To Be Young, Gifted & Black" by Nina Simone (includes interview) Recording session: Live at Morehouse College in Atlanta, June 1969
the message still has mot got through and its fucking 2018 people ??? we really need to be educated and start again

Now this is a tune! Although I do prefer Bob n Marcias effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.