Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

The press like to have someone they can hate, it brings in the customers, everyone likes a good hating and it is just Sterlings time... I used to enjoy the bullshit about rooney

I do believe it all starts with England roles though, you appear in the Eng team and lose and you are a target for the press, I think he should retire from int footy and tell the press to fuckoff.

We need a song about this:

Sheikh Mansour went to Spain to get a Lambourgini
Parked it at Raheems place
To stop it getting dirty

Not knocking them Oakie,it's their money,as you say "good luck to them".
It's just getting silly now,how they pick up more on what Sterling does compared to others.
Sure Owen bought a full street for his family and was praised to the heavens for it.
Sterling bought his mother a house and was lambasted for it.
Sorry mate if I came over as having a knock about your comments,not intentional.Yes for whatever reason some of these gob-shite reporters keep finding stories that no fucker really gives a damn about,but Sterling has been the whipping boy for some media hacks for too long.Wouldn`t it be nice to find some shit about these hacks and the tables were turned.Unfortunately all the twats stick together like a handful of sperm.

Sorry mate if I came over as having a knock about your comments,not intentional.Yes for whatever reason some of these gob-shite reporters keep finding stories that no fucker really gives a damn about,but Sterling has been the whipping boy for some media hacks for too long.Wouldn`t it be nice to find some shit about these hacks and the tables were turned.Unfortunately all the twats stick together like a handful of sperm.

No offence taken,and yes it would be nice to turn the tables.

This is getting a bit weird now. The other week he was getting grief for shopping at Poundland, today The Mail are having a go at him for having three garages in his new house. Won't link to the article, but pretty sure no white footballers are subjected to the same scrutiny. It's all a bit sinister.
I just read and had the exact thoughts.

I understand we're all partisan but I do find it interesting the about-turns when players change teams. For all the dippers crucify him at any available opportunity, he wasn't thought too highly of on here a couple of years ago..
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/shelvey-charged-sterling-gets-off.309054/

There is a great sketch in Blackadder where captain Melchid offers his opinion on the characteristics of German and British spies with one set being underhand scoundrels and the English spies being courageous, brave fellows. Its a bit like this on the forum at times.

I have no doubt Sterling to those who described him as a 'protected english player', a scally wag, and were appalled at his behavour are now convinced the Fa and Press are out to destroy this wonderful upstanding fellow without any hint of irony.

I have also read a version of the Daily Mail article and cannot see any derogatory comments within the article unless I have missed something?

Its a sad fact of life in this country that the press print these pointless articles because we like in a celebrity-obsessed world and as the press big them up they also then cannot wait to drag them down. This week Rooney is being lauded for his goalscoring achievements but a couple of months earlier near enough every england player went out and it was him alone who was dragged over the coals. Its not unique to us just sadly the way the press works in this country.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.