Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Stortz

Stortz

Most successful team of the last decade too strange that

2. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    I think you are confusing mongrel with a shorter word. I dont like the word but that seems to fit anyway.

3. eastmanc

eastmanc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    So why don’t they ever mention us as one of the best sides ever or ever show our games in their so called classic matches section. Our own players have been going on about City players not getting the recognition they deserve. You never ever see our old players like Vinny and Yaya having programmes made about them on sky calling them legends. If they had played for the rags or the scoucers they would be lauded.

hutton who blue and spiny like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. richardtheref

richardtheref

I noticed the other day BT had a programme showing the best goals from the 2013/14 season. Had to wait til March before a City goal. You would not think we were the champions and top scorers that season.

5. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

There is an opinion piece in the Guardian by Alan Rusbridger.....

This is a key moment in the public's view of mainstream news....

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...moment-in-the-publics-view-of-mainstream-news

It's all over the place, but it basically sings the praises of the BBC and the Guardian and pours scorn on everything Murdoch and the red tops, it contains this snippet....

"More worrying in a way are the metrics on trust. Nearly all surveys – pre-Covid and today – show a similar picture. A lot of people still rely on mainstream news, but consistently place journalists as the last people they would place their faith in. It was there in Edelman’s mid-March survey of trust during Covid: journalists bottom of the league. It was there again in the YouGov/Sky News survey of a week ago. It was there in last year’s EuroBarometer survey of trust in newspapers: the UK last.

All surveys come with health warnings, but it’s difficult to dismiss these regular signals of how people regard British journalism, much of it mired in metrics and algorithms that prioritise eyeballs over the dull but deadly serious business of public-interest journalism."

Nevertheless, despite the public putting journalists at the bottom of the trustworthy list, time and time again, Rusbridger has no problem dismissing it, ending his article with the utterly ridiculous sentence....

"Journalists as essential workers? It may take a pandemic to convince a sceptical public, but the opportunity is there to be grasped."

How about grasping the opportunity to acknowledge just how much you are hated? And more importantly why.

6. crazyg

crazyg

My point exactly. No confusion.

;-)

7. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Team supported:
    just give me equality
    So when are these friendlies going to be played at neutral grounds ? I think it will be June so I am not going to cancel Sky/BT yet in case I miss it.

8. gordondaviesmoustache

gordondaviesmoustache

I am so angry about this post that I'm going to ring Talksport and rant about it for twenty minutes.

Blue Mist and cheekybids like this.
  9. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    I thought so but was treading carefully after reading the abuse some people dolled out to other posters concerning the use of the word 'suffering', the definition of a verb and in my own case over my perception that the media's over-use of the word 'scared' could be deliberately pejorative. Having bowed to such grammar nazis l was immediately corrected by counsel's opinion that it should read 'Nazi'. I would tend to disagree but how can a mere mortal defend himself against the might of the legal profession and a possible award of Costs against me.
    Time does weigh heavily all round during the lockdown. I should have just given your post a 'like'. :)

salfordbluetrue and crazyg like this.
  10. berryblue

berryblue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    But we don't sell as much "soap" as the the other four!