Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. SilvaisSkyBlue

SilvaisSkyBlue

The can be no greater proof @asahartford1 to not buy the Athletic regarding anything positive about Manchester City and confirmation of it’s bias for certain other teams than the above poster endorsing it.

2. franksinatra

franksinatra

No arguments with that, no doubt my comments would put a few off.

But I have had the pleasure of reading an in depth article on Brandon Barker, Kasper Schmeicheal about how goalkeeping has evolved etc. Really enjoyable.

Have a good day.

3. Eds

Eds

Jordan Henderson - what a complete joke. Not even best player at his club.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. asahartford1

asahartford1

I haven't bought a newspaper for decades. Politically, economically, philosophically skewed rags, especially those which claim editorial freedom.
    I had hoped the "athletic" would be different, but reports like the one @Ric highlighted with the fabrication of "narrative truth" all through it turn me off.
    People who cannot see the bias of mainstream media confuse me, it is the reason for their existence.

5. franksinatra

franksinatra

In fairness to Ric, he is pretty open-minded when it comes to the media, so his criticism of it definitely adds weight to the discussion.

I read one article on Raheem Sterling, written by one of the Liverpool correspondents, which was pretty one-sided but in the main the articles are pretty informative and written more like a story with, contributions from people in the game, rather than typically opinion pieces.

Be interesting to know what circles you mix in if you know people who think, as an example, the Daily mail and Sun are not right wing politically.

6. asahartford1

asahartford1

Anyone who actually buys the Mail or Sun are not capable of political thinking. They buy them to be told what to think.

7. Big Dave Watson

Big Dave Watson

Fernandes in team of the season. How many games has he played?

8. JULES

JULES

and the guardian ?

9. asahartford1

asahartford1

Ah the guardian, the newspaper that broadcasts editorial freedom. Guaranteed by the Scott trust.
    That is actually a limited company.

10. plattlanebenches

plattlanebenches

Doesn’t matter. 45 mins game time is enough for the media to announce him as the best signing of the year.

Big Dave Watson likes this.