Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Syed is a total piece of work. A fraud who has admitted in the past he was a late convert to football. He's one of the new generation of media vultures who has latched onto football now it's become middle class as a way of earning a living. He has no understanding of the game and no love for it.
    He sneers at real football fans, looks down his nose at us, calls us rats. He epitomises more than anyone else how the sports media has lost touch with the audience it is supposed to relate to. He disgusts me.

2. levets

levets

Team supported:
    City
    Who are these two? Not as big as Sheffield U & Sheff W or Newcastle ffs...

3. BJL_City

BJL_City

Premier League put a shocking misses video up on Youtube, the cover image being Pep head in hands with a forensic analysis of KDB missing on the stretch in the corrupt Chelsea game a few years back.

Funnily enough no forensic analysis vid of the refereeing that day.

peewit57 and GAZZA like this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I used to work with Terry Flewers at Barclays. Good lad but a gobby rag. Is the other guy the Dr Rob Wilson, who's the finance guy at Sheffield Hallam University? If so, he confirmed to Stuart Brennan that my reading of the FFP rule change was correct & that UEFA had in fact moved the goalposts.

hutton who blue and Delboy352 like this.
  5. asahartford1

asahartford1

i have learnt so mush that i didnt know

6. JASR

JASR

Shirley and ZanteWeatherman like this.
  7. asahartford1

asahartford1

Yes he sounded like a really good lad)

8. Rochdale Blue

Rochdale Blue

I'm sure I've come across your mate Terry on youtube, where he had another massive rant against City and yet he actually claims he's not bitter. Like the above I couldn't listen to the whole clip because like most of these Muppets there isn't the remotest possibility of them making any attempt at being even handed. It seems that having a go at City is a great way to build up a channel for those who support clubs that have an interest in seeing City destroyed and selling the cheap tat they advertise as merchandise.

9. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

I'd not realised Balo hadn't kicked a ball since the red at Arsenal & no Micah you weren't better going forward than Zabs.

ZanteWeatherman likes this.
  10. The perfect fumble

The perfect fumble

Facts don't matter, they get in the way of the real objective which is to fashion perception.

This video is typical, half truths, downright lies and complete fantasy are used to bolster the prevailing narrative, a narrative that is a given, the unquestionable backdrop against which the club is always judged.

This tactic is common in politics, ask the Labour Party.

PS:

This is from an article in the Guardian....

"Oliver Dowden, the culture secretary, said in parliament last month that he wanted to help the Premier League resume “as soon as possible”, within health advice, then on 5 May Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary, said at the government’s official Covid-19 press conference that a Premier League return would “lift the spirits of the nation”.

A YouGov poll published on Tuesday, as the coronavirus death toll
    officially exceeded 40,000, reported that 73% of people said the Premier League and EFL coming back would not lift their spirits, while only 19% said they would be pleased to see football return."

The prevailing narrative peddled by the media, the government, the Premier League and the EFL is that we all want football to return, but the polls (the facts) say we don't, so the polls are ignored and the narrative rolls on uninterrupted that we all want football back.

Last edited: 13 May 2020
    GOULDYBOBS, samarasra, GAZZA and 5 others like this.