Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. cookster

cookster

Not written much about FC United recently, guys a bellend.

Falz, DTeacher, 1961_vintage and 2 others like this.
  2. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Flippin' Guardian...

"It was a sensational way for the 19-year-old to confirm his status as one of the potential stars of the Euros. Collecting the ball midway inside the French half he set off on a weaving, perfectly balanced run that took him away from Lucas Tousart, Colin Dagba and Dayot Upamecano and into the penalty area. Before Tousart, the France captain, could make a second attempt to stop Foden he swept a low left-foot shot beyond Bernardoni and inside the far corner."

I mean, that's just completely unbalanced.

Kinkys Left Foot likes this.
  3. hello

hello

I've never heard of this guy, but its actually quite a reasonably well thought out article and hes actually done some research and although quite statistical it does illustrate we have a plan and is generally positive about our approach in the transfer market.

I expect he'll have to take an internal course of behavioural correction if he continues to write in such vain.

The conclusion for the non clickers is "
    If City secure both, these purchases are further evidence of a forward thinking transfer strategy built on research. Neither are particularly big names and both have plenty to prove - that these players are of an age where they can be coached and improved means their large fees can be justified under the guiding hand of a manager like Guardiola.

Rather than opt for ready made big name stars, City have pursued slightly under-the-radar individuals who should make for a better team and could command even larger transfer fees if their careers continue to progress as they have. Many clubs are unable to match the financial power of Manchester City but plenty have squandered money on the wrong players without visible planning. Manchester United are a prime example.

Having won 198 points in two seasons it's hard to see how Guardiola could improve his record breaking squad. It can't be guaranteed but Rodri and Cancelo look capable of adding even more quality to an already terrifyingly talented team."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal..._source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

4. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    "Perfectly balanced", it says.

MillionMilesAway likes this.
  5. cleavers

cleavers

Interesting that the PL finished a week or so after the FL (not including the play offs), yet the only league table the BBC has reset to zero is the PL, so we are no longer top.

Coincidence I'm sure.

Hillockblue and DTeacher like this.
  6. Bandofblues

Bandofblues

Team supported:
    City
    They reset the table when the fixture list was published.

7. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Have you seen that Rob Burley's BBC job is on the line today after the BBC Tory leader debate fiasco. He was the Executive in charge apparently and didn't spot that two of the people putting questions had previous for anti-semitic tweets. Not surprising really given the juvenile nature of his own Twitter feed as exposed on this forum. You couldn't make it up. The BBC really is at its lowest ebb these days.

Mikejl and Dave S like this.
  8. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

Anyone that needs to look at the table from last season to get their kicks rather than knowing and enjoying that we did win the league is a muppet

Dave S and BlueTG like this.
  9. cleavers

cleavers

What's your issue ? You have no idea why I was looking at the league tables from last year, it was completely unrelated to City, I was looking at something from league two, so its you that's "the muppet".

10. SVP

SVP

It's the muppet show tonight.

Dave S and FootballSense like this.