Media Thread - 2019/20

TheCentralScrutinizer

Team supported
Manchester city
The media covered this in every factual way. For example that well known award winning newspaper, the mail, did an in depth report fully three sentences long with the comment - and the Liver building caught fire. As buildings do all day long. Naturally. Firing live rockets at them never ever causes any problem.
its a bit like that 'plaque' they put up at Anfield(20 years later) acknowledging Heysel..."when a wall collapsed" it says.....like they do......

dickie davies

I am old enough to remember the years preceding Heysel when Liverpool fans (and many other English fans to be fair) rampaged across Europe. There was a feeling then that a major tragedy was imminent but the warnings were ignored. I get the same feeling now.
A small but significant section of Liverpool fans are out of control and are being encouraged by a sycophantic media and weak police service. It has been building up for the last five years or so. There was plenty of trouble during the club's recent trips to Barcelona and Madrid but hardly any of it was reported here.
Firing industrial rockets at a building or, as seen on social media, through a crowd which includes lots of children is as bad as it gets. Throwing burning flares underneath and onto the roof of a coach full of fuel is just as reckless. LFC seem unwilling to take responsibility for anything but I believe if they don't act now we will see fatalities in the future. The police reaction has been laughable.
https://en.as.com/en/2019/05/01/football/1556694859_151916.html

bobbyowenquiff

I met a couple of respectable middle aged Athletico Madrid fans in Tenerife just before the lockdown. They were both season ticket holders who lived in Madrid. They said the Liverpool fans had behaved like animals on their visit there and were the worst overseasa fans they had ever seen in the city. They had no idea I was a City fan till I told them.
I have a good pal who is a dedicated Liverpool fan (season ticket holder). He's in his 40s and has stopped going to Liverpool away matches in Europe because of the way their fans behave. LFC need to take resonsibilty for these scum and kick them out of the club. I know that we have some scrotes who follow City abroad but I have done 22 Euro trips and only seen a few small isolated incidents. I would be ashamed if City fans behaved like Liverpool fans.

Don't have an account?

Register now!