Media Thread - 2019/20

Boris Becker’s Backhand

Team supported
City
Good piece from Samuel this morning hammering the perpetually offended snowflake culture surrounding use of language. And a less enjoyable piece where he puts a bit of a dampener on last night’s result.

Mike Cledford

Team supported
Man City
I too put their breakfast show on just to see silly sally squirm,but no, I think she has rung in (pig) sick.Oh well, back to watching homes under the hammer in the mornings,its far more agreeable.
She doesnt normally do Thursday or Friday although she was on the day following the United match following the beatification of the Saintly Marcus. Fortunately for us all he did not score.
#A dog is for life Marcus not just for a scrote status symbol and bags of publicity.

john blue

I listened to radio 5 live from 7.50 until 8.40. There was no sports news this morning to accompany the main news slot at 8.00 am. Virtually the whole 50 minutes that I listened was waffling about going to the pub tomorrow. Suddenly at 8.40, breaking news. Sane to Bayern Munich, followed by a begrudging mention of last night's 4-0 win !
We should apologise to the media for fucking todays script up.

johnevans

Have I been unlucky?

I've seen around 80% of BBC breakfast this morning...it's now 08.42 and I've seen no sports news at all. I've seen the weather numerous times tho.
I think the converse rule applies here to what many people have said since Confucius more than 2000 years ago (‘The more you know, the luckier you become’) in that, the more you engage with the U.K. sports media for decent coverage of City, the unluckier you’ll become..

I’d suggest that last night’s result should be forever recorded in the history books with an asterisk (as in denoting ‘It should’ve been 5-0’) but it clearly has already been whitewashed from the sports pages and tv programmes.. Asterisks seem to be quite the thing these days..

@BluePhil8

Lmao at the amount of piss Bernardo has boiled! I love him so much, he’s defo gunna go down as a club legend with his performances and love for the club.

He’s absolutely right not to participate if he doesn’t want to - we are objectively the best team in England, it’s a farce to applaud shit players like Henderson when they’ve been aided along all season by VAR and referees. Do your talking on the pitch if you want us to honour you (you did do your talking on the pitch, but sadly for you, City walk the walk)

Bodicoteblue

I think it was the 11.30 news on bbc, story about West Ham apparently missing a transfer payment, a mention of Sane signing for BM, then, completely a propos of nothing, out of the blue came a lovely little interview with ole about how wonderful Greenwood is!

Don't have an account?

Register now!