Media Thread - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringBackSwales

Regarding the BBC I wonder how much Esther Rantzen,founder of Childline knew about Sir Jimmy Savilles goings on while at the corporation,being married to Desmond Wilcox the director general at the time,within their circles they had the power to out him as it was well known what he was up to,allegedly.
I think that’s a bit harsh on Esther Rantzen. Probably one of the few people on the BBC who actually put themselves out big time to help kids, at a time when no other fucker was. The BBC as an organisation are cunnts, she is sound, I have a lot of time for what she has done

nmc

Team supported
MCFC
Not football related but I notice the BBC haven’t bothered to report the allegations against Prince Andrew that emerged hours ago! Couldn’t wait to put the boot into us the other day but the Queens son being (allegedly) cited as a sex pest in court papers is neither news worthy nor in the public interest.

kaz7

Always happens,I don't know what they hope to achieve,pep will be telling them to concentrate on the preperations,destabilising will be the choice of ref and var lot

JRockBlues

Near where the "Welcome to Manchester" sign was
Aww to hell with it. I followed up my original complaint just for the lolz:

Thank you for your generic response to my original complaint. However it does not satisfy very many of the points I queried. In such a competetive market I can understand that there was a rush to publish and several edits were subsequently made. At the time this case was raised prior to any edits the main point of the article focused on the most negative aspects for Manchester City from a 93 page document. There was no redress or attempt at balance to say that the fine levied had been reduced by 2 thirds. Neither were there any mention of the evidence provided by UEFA being taken out of context or being lifted from doctored emails that were stolen from the club. Neither was there mention that UEFA had failed to meet even a reduced standard of proof that was required. From these omissions I can only surmise that there was an intentional bias to generate clicks for your website from those people who enjoy anti-City propaganda or written by those who do. As there was no named author of the piece that makes it harder to distinguish from a reader's perspective (perhaps intentionally). I look forward to receiving another copy and pasted response from your couldn't care less complaints team.

kaz7

Regarding the BBC I wonder how much Esther Rantzen,founder of Childline knew about Sir Jimmy Savilles goings on while at the corporation,being married to Desmond Wilcox the director general at the time,within their circles they had the power to out him as it was well known what he was up to,allegedly.
She has often said there were rumours but nothing certain,you can't take on someone like him unless you have something certain to go on,he was well protected by a powerful few

LongsightM13

"If you can't be a good example, then be a horribl
I think that’s a bit harsh on Esther Rantzen. Probably one of the few people on the BBC who actually put themselves out big time to help kids, at a time when no other fucker was. The BBC as an organisation are cunnts, she is sound, I have a lot of time for what she has done
Didn’t some abuse victims claim Childline and Rantzen ignored or covered up their complaints about Saville and others at the BBC ?

Ithryn Luin

Team supported
City 1968 to 1973 (my much older brother in law used to take me to Maine Rd) Bolton 1973 to today.
Rs
yeah I actually posted the same on the Guardian web site, it got removed straight away.
The Guardians dirty little secret is they don’t like the working class, football all though not the Pissing in each other’s pockets of yesteryear is still a working class sport. Shitty little northerners are fair game, but not the well heeled sport of F1 and its jet setters. The hacks want in on that Champaign lifestyle, they will drop their so called ethics at the F1 front door and pick them up on their way out.

No, surprise there. The Guardian represent the shouty, university educated elite. Anything posted that does not stick to their narrow narrative is removed no matter how benign or inoffensive. get removed another time and they put you on pre mod. Any further post that does not fit and you are banned. I got banned for suggesting Harris had an anti arab agenda bordering on reverse racism.

mat

Not football related but I notice the BBC haven’t bothered to report the allegations against Prince Andrew that emerged hours ago! Couldn’t wait to put the boot into us the other day but the Queens son being (allegedly) cited as a sex pest in court papers is neither news worthy nor in the public interest.

The British Press bow and scrape to our royalty. If you want all the scandal set your VPN for France and it's all over their news networks as well as other stories that are embargoed here.

johnmcfcagain

Just opened up my phone to find a report that Garcia will leave City to go back to Barca and that Pep will be going in the same direction. Now I know that 24 hour news streams need to make up click bait to attract attention, but there was no foundation to the article and I just don't think that this happens to the same extent to any other English club competing in Europe. Total disgrace.
Always happens,I don't know what they hope to achieve,pep will be telling them to concentrate on the preperations,destabilising will be the choice of ref and var lot
Aleays happens with us, I agree. But don't see it happening to any other club. Pisses me off, as I know it does many on here. The club needs to refute this shit asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.