Media Thread - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOULDYBOBS

Samuel nails it again link to article here Ive c&P the relevant bit re us...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...shley-right-rich-people-deals-tell-world.html
Only fools can believe UEFA are not triggered by the elite

There is an episode of Only Fools And Horses — The Class of ’62 — in which the bent copper, Slater, organises a school reunion.

He’s newly released from Parkhurst and wants to make amends for his wrongs. Initially, his old class-mates are reluctant. Over time, he’s extorted, used and framed them all.

Yet seeing Slater now as a pitiful, remorseful figure, the sentimental Del Boy is the first to crack and join him at the bar. One by one, the group relent and order drinks. Only Trigger and Boycie are holding out. Until…

Trigger: Yeah, I’ll have a beer.

+8
Manchester City have stood strong in the face of UEFA and will not bow down to them

Boycie: How can you drink with Slater? That’s the man who stitched you up with them knocked-off Green Shield stamps and sent you away for 18 months.

Trigger: I know. But when I came out I got an electric blanket and a radio. (Winks.)

That’s pretty much how a number of observers think Manchester City should have treated the UEFA investigation.

The source material might have been hacked, the charges might have been historic and former employees of their major rivals might have been part of the independent process, but City should have co-operated and come quietly, meekly accepted their banishment like good little boys and settled for life on football’s periphery.

Maybe, some years from now, they might have clawed their way back into the Europa League, or some UEFA satellite competition, and been content with the game’s equivalent of Trigger’s electric blanket and radio.

Always providing they were allowed in. Not so long ago, the current head of the European Clubs Association, Andrea Agnelli of Juventus, advocated that Roma should qualify for the Champions League at the expense of Atalanta, due to their historic success. Atalanta are currently third to Roma’s fifth, 11 points ahead with one Serie A game remaining. So where would those ideals leave a club like City —forever on the outside because Europe belongs to who? Manchester United? Arsenal?

It didn’t take long for the established elite to make their displeasure known after City’s victory at the Court of Arbitration. They sense the current UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin is more concerned by Bayern Munich’s eight Bundesliga titles in a row and Juventus’s nine in Italy, than he is by the danger of new investors. Before this current run, no team had won the German title more than three times in succession. In Italy, the biggest winning streak was five.

What is going on in Europe right now is fantastically unhealthy. These are major leagues, traditionally very competitive.

+8
The Premier League club chose not to roll over after receiving their ban from European football

+8
City won't back away in their fight to muscle their way into Europe's established clubs

This is not BATE Borisov’s 13 straight titles in Belarus. It is also a direct result of Financial Fair Play rules as good as written by a cabal, so that the only legitimate sources of investment are theirs.

If a club can only spend what it generates then Manchester United and Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus will always have the most money in their domestic leagues. Here’s Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on the future. ‘When we passed FFP 10 years ago, it was said you must not spend more money than you earn, this must again become the starting point.’

Note that ‘we’. Naive folk may think of FFP as UEFA’s rule but it is steered by an elitist faction. And in which formal meeting was this decided? It is sometimes asked. There wasn’t one. There doesn’t have to be one.

UEFA’s head of legal worked for Manchester United; one of the independent adjudicators who decided on City’s ban was a former chief executive of Liverpool; David Gill who regularly hosts in the Manchester United directors’ suite is a UEFA vice-president and treasurer; the European Clubs Association president is from Juventus; the previous one was from Bayern Munich.

These men no more need an official minuted gathering to carve up football, than a husband and wife need one to decide on dinner. They live in the same house. The meeting is permanent. City wouldn’t bow in the face of it. And this is what frightens them all.
Now here is a man I would enjoy a fat ziggy with. Bit of Led Zep on. Mood lighting. Reacharound if required

WestGorton

It can only be racism. I’m convinced that had we been taken over by Americans, or anyone else from a non Arab country, the media would be full square behind us. With litigation being how it is in America, these journalists wouldn’t dare keep trying to undermine the club. Roll on next season it will be retribution big time!
I have been saying the same for years. The Arabs etc etc. Every thread or commentary has the same undertone. Race hate.

LongsightM13

"If you can't be a good example, then be a horribl
I see Boris Johnson has nominated his pal/paymaster Evgeny Lebdev for a peerage. This gangster is the son of a Russian oligarch and, of course, nominally at least the man who along with the Saudi government pays the salaries of Delaney and Evans at the Independent. I’ll await their outraged articles with interest. #newswashing at its finest

GOULDYBOBS

I see Boris Johnson has nominated his pal/paymaster Evgeny Lebdev for a peerage. This gangster is the son of a Russian oligarch and, of course, nominally at least the man who along with the Saudi government pays the salaries of Delaney and Evans at the Independent. I’ll await their outraged articles with interest. #newswashing at its finest
Were in it together

Colin Bells Boots

Team supported
Manchester City
I like to think of the Olden Days when unashamedly the papers would all get behind any British team playing Johnny Foreigner. Ot was simply pure bias but it was the done thing.
By and large they still do it but just dont include City. Not very nice to know that our media will prefer any other team left even dodgy ones than the only British team still in.
But our media is mainly comprised of cnuts.

whipper

Manager and players are bigger than that, they'll be thriving on that pressure. Well they f-ing should be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.