Media Thread - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_D

Well, they’ve done a lot to destabilise, alienate, and marginalise Pep since he came to this country. He’s been asked some disgusting questions (bribery one) and his tactics denounced. He’s given it back and let it all out recently. He’s also made the tongue in cheek comments about our spending (loved it).

Let’s not forget the vitriol, slander and libellous stuff written about the club for a long time. The players have definitely noticed all these things over the years. These are also the kind of things can increases unity within the club.

Sometimes, some of the chatter against City within the English press borders on xenophobia. It’s best just to ignore it all. Bitterness is an ugly look. In addition, karma never fails to visit anyone.

Damanino

Expect to some new stories coming out Wednesday evening as Pep will have a big presser (maybe online only) about the CL game.
Tebas also could open his mouth supporting Real.

Do we know already who is the referee?

Tugay One Cup

Seems like I might be alone on this one but I just don't understand where people get these theories all the time that the media are trying to unsettle us before big games by linking a player of ours to another club.

The Garcia rumours have been going around for a few weeks and, let's face it, probably have some truth in them. Even forgetting this particular example, the media in general are constantly writing bollocks about us anyway so I'm not sure if you guys expect them to hold off for a week before a big game.

And who at the club cares anyway? Do you think these stories really have any effect on the players or manager? They already know the score way more than any hack posting their bullshit online. I don't think anyone important for us is going to be losing any sleep on the eve of the second leg because a certain outlet is linking a non-pivotal squad member to another club.

TFC

Seems like I might be alone on this one but I just don't understand where people get these theories all the time that the media are trying to unsettle us before big games by linking a player of ours to another club.

The Garcia rumours have been going around for a few weeks and, let's face it, probably have some truth in them. Even forgetting this particular example, the media in general are constantly writing bollocks about us anyway so I'm not sure if you guys expect them to hold off for a week before a big game.

And who at the club cares anyway? Do you think these stories really have any effect on the players or manager? They already know the score way more than any hack posting their bullshit online. I don't think anyone important for us is going to be losing any sleep on the eve of the second leg because a certain outlet is linking a non-pivotal squad member to another club.

You are not alone blue, I would be absolutely blown away if anyone at the club gives a second thought to the shite printed on tomorrow's chip paper.

gordondaviesmoustache

Not sure I agree with the first part of what you’ve posted, but I’m sure you’re right about the second. And just because that’s the case, it won’t stop them trying, as City going through what united have gone through for the last seven years, or Chelsea have for the odd season, would sell a lot of newspapers. i.e. these days, a couple of hundred.

Tugay One Cup

Not sure I agree with the first part of what you’ve posted, but I’m sure you’re right about the second. And just because that’s the case, it won’t stop them trying, as City going through what united have gone through for the last seven years, or Chelsea have for the odd season, would sell a lot of newspapers. i.e. these days, a couple of hundred.

Yeah I see your point. They spent months fueling fantasies about maximum UEFA punishments and the subsequent loss of all our best players for that reason. But I just don't think stories like Eric Garcia wanting to return to Barcelona are published with the same motive.

gordondaviesmoustache

Yeah I see your point. They spent months fueling fantasies about maximum UEFA punishments and the subsequent loss of all our best players for that reason. But I just don't think stories like Eric Garcia wanting to return to Barcelona are published with the same motive.
In fairness to your point, that reporting certainly isn’t restricted to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.