Media Thread - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueAnorak

Just looking at next seasons odds on Oddschecker. Reading a write up....

Oddschecker spokesperson Callum Wilson: “Next season's Premier League title race is shaping up to be a belter, and it's free-spending Manchester City who look to have caught the bookies' eye once.

We might buy this summer but so far we have spent 20m.
Would you consider that free spending?
It’s constant comments like this on websites, newspapers etc which create this bull shit around the club.
The Ferran fee is £24.5m + add ons.

Onholiday(somemightsay)

It's the same way they report Sheikh Mansour's investment in City since the takeover and usually include the money he spent buying the club and all his other non-football related investments in the city of Manchester. They never mention the fact he has trebled the value of his investments in our community, making billions of pounds profit and creating thousands of jobs. We need a new word to describe this sort of dishonest media coverage because the phrase "fake news" doesn't do it justice.
Pro-actively intended fake news?

Prestwich_Blue

Jake Poledancer - is one thick fuck. So paying Sanchez off - cos he’s gonna want every penny owed to him is a master stroke and will save United money on the Sancho deal. WTF - where do they find these pricks and how did this unadulterated horse shit get past the sports editor?
It's a fair bet they'll have to pay him the difference between what he gets now and what he'll be getting in Milan, for the next 2 years. So probably close to £30m, maybe a bit less. Some "free" transfer.

The Future is Blue

I
It's a fair bet they'll have to pay him the difference between what he gets now and what he'll be getting in Milan, for the next 2 years. So probably close to £30m, maybe a bit less. Some "free" transfer.
It's great watching the antics over at the Swamp.....less money coming in and plenty going out...Happy days!

bobbyowenquiff

Pro-actively intended fake news?
There's a superb book by Nick Davies called Flat Earth News about how the UK media has been distorted by political propaganda and special interest groups. It was written ten years ago but was ahead of its time. Nick Davies also first described a lot of online coverage as "churnalism." Flat Earth News is quite apt for what we have seen published about City in the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.