Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. jrb

jrb

News Now Man City.

The Daily Fail continues it’s negative media war against City.

Are we any further along the brink to what we already know?

Must be a slow Daily Fail Football day?

Not linking the article. So if you want to read the tripe, you’ll have to find it yourself.

Manchester City are on the brink of being thrown out of the Champions League for breaching FFP rules. So, just what are they accused of? And who benefits if Pep Guardiola's side are ejected?
    • Manchester City have been investigated for alleged Financial Fair Play breaches
    • UEFA's judiciary panel are currently working on what sentence to hand down
    • Indications from those on the board suggest they face Champions League ban
    • But City have already appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport on matter

Kirkstall Blue and RNBlue like this.
  2. TheThirdDeano

TheThirdDeano

That bit underlined is interesting, what indications and from who exactly? More for our evidence folder by the looks of it

3. Plays By Sense Of Smell

Plays By Sense Of Smell

Well, if he was talking about the rags, he's right. It would take Superman himself make a dent in their collective ineptitude.

RNBlue likes this.
  4. Plays By Sense Of Smell

Plays By Sense Of Smell

There seems to be a bit missing - usually the step where the party being investigated has been found guilty?

5. woodleyberksblue

woodleyberksblue

got a reply from the BBC re my complaint re bias in article accompanying the new season's fixture list

BBC Complaints - Case Number CAS-5490731-N11N4X

Dear Mr Harman

Many thanks for getting in touch recently about the BBC Sport website's "Premier League fixtures 2019-20" article. We were naturally concerned to learn that you were unhappy with some of the content, so we've carefully reviewed the article in question.

The article endeavours to give an overview of the start of the upcoming Premier League season, with the wider context of previous performances, plus other future matches and the potential impact they could have on some teams taking part.

Yes, Liverpool are mentioned within the article, but this is in a purely factual context and doesn't equate to any "bias" in their favour or against any other team - indeed, the point is made that they have not won the top-flight title since 1990.

However, theirs is the very first match of the season - against the newly-promoted Norwich City - and so all eyes are on that fixture from the very outset - not least because, as an included Tweet explains, the only time this configuration has occurred in the past Liverpool actually went on to win the top-flight league title!

But the article of course goes on to explain the challenges faced in a busy start for a number of teams - including Manchester City and Chelsea too - due to all their other commitments such as the Community Shield and the UEFA Super Cup which could have an impact on their domestic performances.

Our article also gives a round-up of other matters for the new season, including match coverage by Amazon who are new to broadcasting these top-flight games, and the point that the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) system will make its debut in the Premier League.

Once published, our webpages are constantly reviewed and updated, and on this occasion the BBC Sport team have since amended one of the images from that of Liverpool's Champions League win (which is mentioned within the article's text itself in the context of past performance) to that of Manchester City's Premier League win (which is of course also mentioned a number of times) to be more relevant in the context of reporting here mainly about the Premier League itself.

As such, we would like to thank you once again for taking the time to get in touch with your views, and to assure you that we very much welcome and greatly value all audience feedback which gets carefully logged and distributed daily across the BBC, including to the BBC Sport website's senior editorial team for their information. The team takes a very keen interest in the views of their readers which can help shape future decisions on our output, and can be very helpful when reviewing and updating our content.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team
    www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

6. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

They’re trolling you with that.

7. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

*SUGGESTION*

Any chance we can split up the positive media we get from the sea of negative media?

I have no interest in reading a single word ever written or said by those in the media with an axe to grind or an agenda to besmirch our name.

I avoid newspapers and their websites, Twitter, and especially comments sections on social media. I often try and avoid this thread because I don’t feel the need to expose myself to the bullshit.

However I do like to read a good article that’s written about us see a good interview with someone talking well about us. Would it be an idea to put them in their own thread so they don’t get lost in the sea of shite on here?

Dave S, MCFC_Sam, Dreadzone and 3 others like this.
  8. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City

Indeed. When I saw the title, I thought some news came, but then I saw they just pulled it out of their arse to write something bad about City just because they felt lie it.

9. nmc

nmc

I complained about the Dippers taking over NW Tonight for their parade whilst we got 3 minutes. Bloke who replied was almost wanking over Liverpool in his reply - it was pathetic! Decided to give up; you can’t reason with giddy kids. - the media seems infested with vermin. I’m no Boris fan but at least he hates scousers ! Lol.

10. manimanc

manimanc

As if some two bob journalist would know.