Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. paulchapo

paulchapo

The media hate us we know that, but for other fan's I understand their joy when we lose. Thankfully it is rare, but when we were shit I loved it when one of the big boys got turned over. Admittedly it was usually the dippers or rags but I still loved it.

I watched Villa v West Ham tonight and the public and media want to be careful what they wish for. Would they rather watch more mind numbing shit like tonight or a team like us that takes risks and attempts to play exciting attacking football? They should be thanking Pep instead of constantly trying to wind him up. His influence is spreading even to the England team with more teams trying to play decent football. Move forward or move back to good old fashioned media players like Pullis, Pearce and Allardyce and be bored to death.

Nooks, Keeper!, br88 and 3 others like this.
  2. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

You’ve just described why I no longer get *as much* satisfaction from United losing.

Still get quite a bit, mind, just not quite as much as before. ;-)

3. paulchapo

paulchapo

Yes I feel the sane. Incredible to see them only two points behind us but it is early days.

4. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Should be four, even given our horrible performance at the weekend...

It’s Liverpool’s year!

5. mat

mat

Wheres the stories calling the Pl a one team league?
    If we were 5 points in front already the media would be writing stories such as were just as competitive as the SPL.

6. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

I dont buy a paper and I haven't got Sky or BT etc , the only thing I have is that Google news app thingy on my phone. Bloody hell every time I flick on that to see what's going on in the world l, there's a new story about City. How pep has been found out. How our CB will cost City the league. How much our squad cost against Norwich etc etc . The press has taken such delight at us dropping 3 points against a newly promoted side. Yes I get it a story but really i didnt realise just how disliked we really are until we got beat. I think we have played 5 games but it seems even before the cup competitions kick in we have lost the league to liverpool......really media it's only 5 f**king games!!!!

John Wayne likes this.
  7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

The DT today has achieved that for which the RDAHMeedya are now renowned - not a single column inch on the English Premier League Champions. We get a line in an article about the dominance of English clubs in Europe being set to continue alongside the decline in Spanish and Italian clubs, but not an inch for ourselves. In the immortal words of the Sunderland taxi driver "Fuckin' Tory bastards!'

CelesteItis likes this.
  8. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

R4 today - Mark Lawrenson on about how our priority last year was the CL and the dippers was PL?? And this guy is paid by the BBC for his 'insight'.

9. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    Media help us inadvertently by highlighting our defensive problems and bigging up Liverpool for the title. Klopp doesn't like the topdogs tag. He tried to lift up the pressure from them yesterday by saying City are the best team in the world. They don't want to be favourites.

I'm starting to think we are going to beat them to the title again despite all injuries. We have untapped reserves in Cancelo, Mendy (hopefully!), Foden, Jesus, fit and raring to go Kevin, plus Raz and Bernie may get even better, they are just entering their prime. Plus Pep Guardiola.

hammocity and John Wayne like this.
  10. I think we will see how good Liverpool are in the coming weeks now they have to play every 3-4 days. Pep has already started the rotating whilst Klopp plays the same team for the opening weeks of the season.

It’s far from over but the focus needs to come back and pile on the pressure on the dippers.