Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

2. laserblue

laserblue

No mention of being drawn in CL groups of death for years. Bayern 3 times (beat them 3 times), Real Madrid and Barcelona (beat them) then Barcelona twice in the last 16. Or that pot 4 teams, which are usually cannon fodder, included Dortmund, Napoli and Roma. Or being stitched up whether with or without VAR multiple times over the last 4 seasons. Anyone remember the coward ref against Ajax who, when Balotelli was flattened in the area in injury time, bottled it and blew for time instead of giving a penalty?

While there's Chelsea who seem to get home draws against mostly lower division sides in the FA Cup. Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal get more than their fair share of home draws too.

Or the rags who during the 2000s were drawn against 3 non-league clubs in the FA Cup (City last got drawn against a non-league club - Wigan - in 1971. God knows when the previous one was). The rags managed to scrape a home draw against Exeter, an away draw against Burton and a crushing 1-0 home win over Crawley in the 6th round. More recently they've pulled out Yeovil twice and Cambridge. Then of course there are Rochdale and Colchester in the League Cup this season. Look at the shite they got every single round in their triumphant Europa League season. They struggled to get out of their group and were then consistently drawn against the weakest team left in the competition while the better teams were getting drawn against each other and knocking each other out. And so on and so on.

Last edited: 31 Oct 2019
    pizzaman likes this.
  3. Bobbyespania

Bobbyespania

I’ve got FotMob on my mobile and received a text saying how blessed are City for getting an easy draw against Oxford utd ignoring the fact rags get colchester at home. It’s not the only thing I’ve gotten from them another was “dee dumbs after we lost against Norwich. Pretty sure the tit posting these is a dipper. Thinking of deleting the app.

4. mrbelfry

mrbelfry

If we stay in these competitions to the finals then we play more than the other teams. If the other big teams get beat in the early rounds then naturally we get 'lesser' teams to play. So there is a natural bias towards us drawing the 'smaller teams' especially when champions league seeding is considered. I'd be interested in seeing who the teams we've played have had to beat to play us. If we're playing league one teams in a semi final it's not us that should have questions to answer.

In any event I'm not sure what the problem is unless there is some suggestion we are influencing the draws somehow especially if we are only going to consider the last season and a half.

laserblue likes this.
  5. karen7

karen7

Where was he before that when we got the group of death in the cl every year and endless cup games away to prem teams and where is the list for the rags and dippers

6. Kennedy_probably_has

Kennedy_probably_has

I deleted it a few weeks back, you’re right they have decided to go all in on City for some reason. A weird thing to do when punters follow the teams they like

7. lefty goldblatt

lefty goldblatt

Manchester United 'cooperating fully' with FA review into historical sex abuse - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50255173

Currently 12th headline on BBC Sport site
    About no. 40odd on Sky Sports site

When the story broke about that piece of shit, Bennell, the above 2 media outlets couldn't run quick enough to put it on mainstream TV channels.

We ARE reported differently

8. dave1967

dave1967

I see sky are hi lighting the games Liverpool have to play over the next 2 months don’t remember them giving us the same treatment for the last 2 years

9. manimanc

manimanc

He wasn't arsed as we didn't have pep or was a major threat like we are now.
    It's a shame he's sold out as he's been quite complimentary about us on Sunday supplement in recent times.
    All about the clicks.

karen7 likes this.
  10. Fordyboy46

Fordyboy46

Media fawning over their draw with the gunners last night, amazing result it was announced as on Radio 2 this morning. There's not a chance it would've been reported like that if it was us involved, and why was it an amazing result?, both sides playing lots of kids so it could've gone either way.