Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. petrusha

petrusha

Definitely a hairstyle for radio. I'm abroad so have never heard his programme, but I find it staggering that someone whose foray into professional football was such an unmitigated failure should be given that type of platform to air his views on the game.

GAZZA, Dave S, Falz and 1 other person like this.
  2. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

How many spot kicks have United missed this season.

3. JASR

JASR

That is a secondary question, a comedic follow up to the more ‘puzzling’ ‘how many spot kicks have united been awarded this season?’

portisheadblue likes this.
  4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

It was averaging out one a game at one point this season.

5. laserblue

laserblue

Has anyone asked him why the ex-CEO of LFC and self confessed lifelong Liverpool fan Rick Parry sat on UEFA's IC in the City investigation and whether he considers that to have been a blatant conflict of interest? Thought not.

MCFC_Sam likes this.
  6. @BluePhil8

@BluePhil8

What is it now? 2 a game?

7. hertsblue

hertsblue

Have to laugh how all the typical headlines are how we stumbled, how we were held. If this was any of the media darlings it would be "Brave 10 man hold for a draw" type of headline. Fact is we played a very good team and drew away, never a bad result in the CL. Totally dominant 1st half but again failure to kill the game off cost us. 2nd half was a car crash display but we came away with a point.

We know the usual suspects, Sun, BBC, Mail etc (and i still think certain reporters need banning from the ground) but Sky in the build up to the Dippers game have taken it to another level with last weeks stating incredible liverpool come from behind to win and right below it Walker spares City blushes, then the farcical Sterling to RM for 70 million and Bale and now their report/headlines on last nights game. Next game on Sky i hope we give them a sarcastic interview or even better not speak to them at all after the game until they change their attitude.
    Ferguson got it right, banning, refusing to speak after games and the media came in line, crawling back but we as a club take everything lying down so it's easy for people to cast us as the villians when we don't defend ourselves.

Same goes for on the pitch, we have tried being nice since the takeover, never surrounding a ref but all its done is the ref thinks now i can give a dishonest performance against City as they will not moan or pressure me, but if i fail to award the home team with a dive, soft free kick, the crowd will turn on me and the manager and players also.So they take the easy way out which is why in 8/10 games we get god awful unbalanced officiating which always seems to go against us.

Time to turn nasty on and off the pitch and fightback

8. GAZZA

GAZZA

I think he's a broad as well.

petrusha likes this.
  9. Jordie

Jordie

That is not going to happen.

Even with all these things going against us, we are not doing too bad.

10. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

When Mr Trump has so much evidence against him yet continues to write and speak complete lies then journos generally have little to lose by making their own news fiction.
    Why correct them, let them all desperately encourage clicks, whether they get arguments or agreements it matters little, they are saving their jobs.

The digital era is and has gradually overwhelmed the media forcing change. In the meantime anything to generate income.