Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. citymad

citymad

I agree I find it a bit strange that city fans post links to negative stories or title threads that depict us in a bad light. It’s like they’re totally oblivious to the media actively trolling fans forums for stories. And tbh It’s quite baffling that the moderators allow this stuff to go on. No problem with ranting and venting about performances or other teams but nothing positive comes out of thread that can be used against the club in the media.

FootballSense and karen7 like this.
  2. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

If they win it will be ok after the game but I just don't trust Merseyside police. I base this on attending our games at Anfield more than 30 times since 1974. Merseyside police do not intervene whatever is happening in front of them. I was told this by two police officers (not Merseyside) who are also City fans. No doubt some of these comments may just be down to inter-force rivalry but I have seen the evidence with my own eyes on many visits to Anfield. I also worked in Liverpool and lived in Merseyside for seven years.

Bobbyespania likes this.
  3. mat

mat

This highlights some posters stance on here when it comes to reputable journalism. I'll all for people being able to aspire to their dreams. These people will be moulded to form the echo chamber needed for more clicks/revenue etc.

Dave S likes this.
  4. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

If it happens lfc WILL get away with it again

5. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

How many years does it take to wash the stench off from living amongst those fuckers for 7 years?

6. domalino

domalino

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but I still can't believe the way we're being talked about before this game. Just listened to the Guardian lot talk about how they just don't trust us because every game is winnable but we're just no winning them all.

We've won 22 of the last 25 premier league games.

cheekybids and hutton who blue like this.
  7. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

8. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

Clearly only rag and dipper supporting candidates were selected.

9. laserblue

laserblue

"Aspiring jouranlists without qualifications"? They'll fit in well with the Sun journalists without qualifications then.

mat likes this.
  10. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Actually most people were sound, especially the Everton fans. But Liverpool do have a significant section of their fanbase who are just intolerable. It was much worse in the 80s and 90s than it is nowadays. My main issue is the false way Liverpool fans are represented in the press wth an image of being "fun-loving scallies" when the truth is very different. I know Everton have their own scrotes but I found a huge difference between Everton and Liverpool fans when I worked there. A lot of Everton fans are disgusted by the way Liverpool fans have behaved over the years.