Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Marvin

Marvin

Good question.

The Guardian is the only one with a major online football site and the only one which is co-opting fan content into its journalism.

The Sun, Mail etc do not have significant online football sites. They are token efforts. The Guardian gets thousands of comments on match-day, it's on a completely different scale to the others, and is the only profitable digital operation from the traditional Fleet St stable.

I don't think City fans have realised what they are up to and why they write their articles in a certain way. "5 things, 10 things" etc. It's all designed to pull people in. They aren't telling you what they think, they want you to tell other people what you think, and then they take the financial gain. This is a fundamentally different and new operation.

City are used as a red flag to make money for them. They provoke us to write. They provoke Liverpool fans to write about Man city

They used Mourinho in the same way. It's not just Man City.

I am not sure whether Open Journalism can ever work when the readers are warring and conflict ridden. They are effectively sponsoring trolling not discussion. Football fans will always behave like tribes.

2. Marvin

Marvin

Very obvious, and very funny. I quite like hearing the distress in my opponent's voice when City score.

You're not singing any more!

3. mat

mat

Thank you for all the background you've given us in this thread.

Dave S likes this.
  4. cheekybids

cheekybids

I think your the only blue that looks at the guardian still, gave up myself a long time ago.

5. laserblue

laserblue

What City should do is let the likes of Jackson and Rob Harris in the pressers but take no questions from them. When the other questions have been asked and answered and these reptiles are desperately waving their arms in the air like a schoolkid who's bursting for a dump and trying to attract the teacher's attention City should simply end the presser and walk off. Ignoring the cnuts will hurt their egos far more more than banning them.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2019
    Blu1, CelesteItis, karen7 and 4 others like this.
  6. BringBackSwales

BringBackSwales

How funny? Fucking contemptible tbh Marvin

7. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

Ok Marvin thanks. I wasn’t aware as I have not seen that. Your call is pretty sound then.

8. Shirley

Shirley

I read the BBC football site but never the comments, it has to be the worst for attracting trolls and teenage wankers. Makes the Guardian look quite normal.

cheekybids likes this.
  9. jrb

jrb

10. jrb

jrb

The Daily Mail continues it’s biased narrative.

And look at the stock pictures being used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]