Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. eastmanc

eastmanc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Did anyone hear the cockroach that is Jim fucking white say,and I quote, ‘Liverpool a winning machine, wonderful.’ What the fuck, mind you I’m not surprised. What a cringeworthy dick head. He always goes on about Kenny fucking Dalglish being his hero, he’s supposed to be a Rangers fan. Knob.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2019
    West Gorton Blue likes this.
  2. eastmanc

eastmanc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Simon Stone is a first class twat, sorry about the language Karen.

3. warringtonblue

warringtonblue

I asked Gary Cook a few week ago about why city don’t respond or ban this gutter press, his take on it is that city are doing the right thing and ignoring them and eventually they’ll move on to something else and accept us.
    This is all well and good but why make things so easy for them when their reports are based on lies, racism and blatant favouritism of other teams

West Gorton Blue likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. ZanteWeatherman

ZanteWeatherman

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    The tail is wagging the dog mate. Junior 'officials' sitting 200 miles away over ruling experienced officials on the pitch, maybe the positions should be switched bearing in mind that on the pitch officials only really do their bit in the middle third. When it gets anywhere near the box, the wannabe refs darn sarf basically take over and dictate the narrative, hence the continuous anti-City pro-LiVARpool stuff together with the rest of the weekly howlers. All these tossers are completely unaccountable and get away with murder. Old Mother Riley is a waste of space as is Neil Swarprick.

Time the Premier League/FA sorted this shitshow out as it is surely damaging 'the brand'. VAR should have non-related parties sitting at the screens, not PiGMOL employees, former referees and ex-pros would be a better fit imho.

Oh, and use the pitchside monitors ffs.

Mike Cledford likes this.
  5. Kakhaber The Great

Kakhaber The Great

The thing is we've been doing this from the outset and it hasn't got any better; in fact it's arguably worse.

And what's happening is, the press pack is emboldened by the various football organisations laying into us to the point they know they can get away with saying anything.

I would just like us to shut those questions down right there and then. Call them out on it in front of everyone even if it means derailing the press conference.

6. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

Much as I like Garry Cook he is the last person I would take PR advice from. City have not been proactive enough in the way they have handled negative and unprofessional coverage in the media for the last decade. The strategy of "ignore them and they'll go away" does not work and has never worked. I don't blame our comms people though because the softly softly approach has been laid down from the top of the club since day one and they have to follow the line from Sheikh Mansour. The few times Khaldoon has spoken out have been really effective. The truth is that Liverpool and United are ahead of us in the way they have managed their PR (apart from Peg's meltdown period). Admittedly they are pushing at an open door with a sycophantic media. The worst episode in recent years was Simon Stone's BBC online article promoting United's sponsor Tag Heur watches. That was just totally unethical. Stone really is a piece of work.

7. Rolee

Rolee

Garry's right, taking them on will just increase the amount of negative attention the club receives.

8. Fred_Quimby

Fred_Quimby

I have said many times - taking them on plays straight into their arm - you just keep writing the next days headlines for them.

Rolee likes this.
  9. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    No mention of City playing tonight on the DT website. No preview no comments from presser no injury situation no nothing. The reporters must be exhausted after those dozens of articles about PEG. There is some humour with an article 'how yo gind the edge in title pursuit. What Liverpool, City, Leicester, Arsenal, United and Chelsea need to do.

Someone needs a reality check.

10. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

They won't go away. It's easy pickings for them! We have two articles in the DT this morning. It has to be a record when MANUre only have one. Our two - Aguero out and Arteta lined up for the Arse job; MANUre - they're gonna revamp The Swamp and everything Raggy!