Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

No because the reporters have wanted this so-called romance story for a while now to be penned

2. super_city_si

super_city_si

Koulibaly.

bangkokblueballs likes this.
  3. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

But no matter what they publish we'll always be City. The reason I started supporting this club 53 years ago was because we were outside the establishment. We still are and always will be.

4. manimanc

manimanc

Liverpool currently on game of the day, again.
    Must be a record for consecutive appearances on it, must be at least 6 or 7 on the spin now.
    Oh the shock.

5. petrusha

petrusha

Exactly. I didn't have time to post the other day, but there was a lot of absolute nonsense written on here about executive and non-executive directors the other day. The bottom line is that if David Gill is a non-executive director of Manchester United and also occupies a senior position in UEFA at a time when, say, decisions are being taken with regard to CL coefficients that benefit his club to the detriment of some of their rivals, that's an egregious conflict of interests that wouldn't be permitted in any industry serious about ensuring transparent fairness in its governance.

6. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

But it does seem to be legal so if City want fairness have they joined the wrong "private club"?

7. petrusha

petrusha

I presume they think, as do I, that they've not much choice in the matter if they realistically want to take the club forward. Doesn't mean that we can't call the arrangement out for what it is, though.

8. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

I agree and in fairness Sheikh M has already got a substantial financial reward others envy yet seem powerless to prevent despite their presence on its ruling bodies.

petrusha likes this.
  9. karen7

karen7

Here we go again

As part of a secret project, Manchester City had brought in property developer David Rowland and his son Jonathan to run a sports managing firm which bought player image rights. The firm was allegedly secretly fed £11 million a year by Manchester City's owner. [@MailSport]

10. dickie davies

dickie davies

Convert Rodri to a centre half and get a new defensive midfielder
    That's what we did with VK

MCFC_Sam likes this.