Media Thread - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

The 365 argument is easily explained.

They admit "City may have made the fourth fewest number of fouls of all the Premier League teams this season – they conceded fewest when we looked last season, and the season prior to that"

but they argue that "City have still conceded more fouls per minute without the ball than any other team." and they go on to list the stats team by team.

But the explanation is not that City are snide. It's that City press the ball when we don't have it whereas most teams will retreat and defend their penalty area and break from there. Any idiot should know that so if anyone is being snide it's F365 not Man City.

cheekybids

That image is from the BBC.

Unlike the BBC the Guardian Football monetise your comments. They want football fans to comment on their site to drive traffic, enabling them to sell advertising so arguing your point of view effectively supports their journalism and City fans on Guardian football end up driving a vicious cycle. The Guardian is at the more liberal end of the political spectrum, and I used to read it because I'd find some interesting opinion in there but since the takeover its coverage has become, in my opinion, more hostile.
so do the BBC, they sell advertising world wide.

Mike Cledford

Team supported
Man City
What do you make of this? A newspaper columnist linking Pep Guardiola's defence of Bernardo Silva with the monkey chanting at the Etihad. The journalist says the events are indirectly connected.

"Fast-forward to Bernardo Silva, Twitter and the publication of a more guileless form of cartoon stereotype on the internet, for which Silva received a one-match ban from the FA. This time Guardiola backed his man to the hilt, refused to offer any condemnation, defending pretty much the same kind of ill he had so righteously condemned.

Three months later we have monkey chants at the Etihad. The two are not directly connected, of course. Idiots need little assistance to be idiots. But as has been quite rightly levelled at the wretched Johnson, leaders also have a responsibility to set a tone, to show the best of us. One lesson of our current politics is that people listen to the messages they’re given."

The article is from the Guardian and Barney Ronay. "Fans must take it upon themselves to resist football's politics of hate".

The content of the headline is fine but I don't think many City fans will be too happy with his link between the incident and Bernardo Silva's tweet and Pep's defence of Bernardo albeit if the link is described as indirect.
It seems that Barmy Barney and his like are no slouches themselves when it comes to the politics of hate. They try to generate ill feeling at the least against us all from owners down to fans.

Marvin

so do the BBC, they sell advertising world wide.
I am not familiar with that. I know they have a license fee and are funded differently to the commercial media. I see the BBC advertising their own productions online but I don't see any adverts.

Up until now I feel comfortable getting by football news from the BBC because I don't see how clicking on their news stories benefits them financially and hence whether I read it or not is going to have no influence on their news flow. That is definitely not the case with the commercial media, hence I try to avoid them. Am I wrong?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Just lifted this off the OS - it's from 442: “Manchester City lost 2-0 to local rivals Manchester United and slipped fourteen points behind league leaders Liverpool in the process."

Was Nico's goal chalked off by VAR after the final whistle, or what?

Marvin

It seems that Barmy Barney and his like are no slouches themselves when it comes to the politics of hate. They try to generate ill feeling at the least against us all from owners down to fans.
I think he's quite genuine in being anti-racist unlike some who may claim they are anti-racist but who use racism to fuel the political popularity of the party they support. However, I think that paper and some of its journalists are hostile to City because of the Emirati link. There's probably a human element to it too. You take a position you get defined by it and feel more and more committed to it. That's what happens when you make and express an opinion.

cheekybids

I am not familiar with that. I know they have a license fee and are funded differently to the commercial media. I see the BBC advertising their own productions online but I don't see any adverts.

Up until now I feel comfortable getting by football news from the BBC because I don't see how clicking on their news stories benefits them financially and hence whether I read it or not is going to have no influence on their news flow. That is definitely not the case with the commercial media, hence I try to avoid them. Am I wrong?
I migrated years ago & realised bbc was using its platform for advertising so how can it claim that it’s not influenced by commercials gains over truth. There all as bad as each other.

MillionMilesAway

I migrated years ago & realised bbc was using its platform for advertising so how can it claim that it’s not influenced by commercials gains over truth. There all as bad as each other.
I've mentioned it many times.

The BBC are squeezed by government pressure (not relevant why the government do that).
Foreign users see adverts => clicks mean views, and therefore needing articles for clicks (and therefore their comments pages)
To defend their funding, the BBC need to show use => need more clicks/views.

pavelsrnicek

Football 365’s latest offering is “Have Man City cleaned up their act? No they’re still snide...”

Not posting a link for obvious reasons.
They also say in their midweek preview that it’s a poorly kept secret that this is Pep’s last season in the premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.