Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. laserblue

laserblue

Football 365’s latest offering is “Have Man City cleaned up their act? No they’re still snide...”

Not posting a link for obvious reasons.

2. nmc

nmc

‘Who are football 365 - a no nothing football site that no one reads. Hence the ridiculous headlines. Best ignored as an irrelevance

3. Marvin

Marvin

The 365 argument is easily explained.

They admit "City may have made the fourth fewest number of fouls of all the Premier League teams this season – they conceded fewest when we looked last season, and the season prior to that"

but they argue that "City have still conceded more fouls per minute without the ball than any other team." and they go on to list the stats team by team.

But the explanation is not that City are snide. It's that City press the ball when we don't have it whereas most teams will retreat and defend their penalty area and break from there. Any idiot should know that so if anyone is being snide it's F365 not Man City.

4. cheekybids

cheekybids

so do the BBC, they sell advertising world wide.

5. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    It seems that Barmy Barney and his like are no slouches themselves when it comes to the politics of hate. They try to generate ill feeling at the least against us all from owners down to fans.

6. Marvin

Marvin

I am not familiar with that. I know they have a license fee and are funded differently to the commercial media. I see the BBC advertising their own productions online but I don't see any adverts.

Up until now I feel comfortable getting by football news from the BBC because I don't see how clicking on their news stories benefits them financially and hence whether I read it or not is going to have no influence on their news flow. That is definitely not the case with the commercial media, hence I try to avoid them. Am I wrong?

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Just lifted this off the OS - it's from 442: “Manchester City lost 2-0 to local rivals Manchester United and slipped fourteen points behind league leaders Liverpool in the process."

Was Nico's goal chalked off by VAR after the final whistle, or what?

8. Marvin

Marvin

I think he's quite genuine in being anti-racist unlike some who may claim they are anti-racist but who use racism to fuel the political popularity of the party they support. However, I think that paper and some of its journalists are hostile to City because of the Emirati link. There's probably a human element to it too. You take a position you get defined by it and feel more and more committed to it. That's what happens when you make and express an opinion.

9. cheekybids

cheekybids

I migrated years ago & realised bbc was using its platform for advertising so how can it claim that it’s not influenced by commercials gains over truth. There all as bad as each other.

10. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I've mentioned it many times.

The BBC are squeezed by government pressure (not relevant why the government do that).
    Foreign users see adverts => clicks mean views, and therefore needing articles for clicks (and therefore their comments pages)
    To defend their funding, the BBC need to show use => need more clicks/views.