Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. ManCityX

ManCityX

2. BosnianBlue

BosnianBlue

Team supported:
    City
    Half of ours is Miguel Delaney

3. Mike Cathcart

Mike Cathcart

Team supported:
    Man City
    They can get away with openly being anti Arab. I think many are actually anti Muslim which of course is a different thing to say openly. Pakistan also produces oil but would these people ever say 'Dirty Pakistani oil money'?
    Never - they know what they can get away with.

Incidentally the New York Times ran the story of the gesturing using the same anti City stance and wording as our tabloids complete with the same error in the name of the GMP division dealing. Why does anyone in the USA think they are in a position to criticise others?

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  4. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

I think people like Ronay and his trolling pals are in many ways more dangerous than the morons who make monkey chants. Some of the coverage in the so-called Liberal media by people like Matthew Syed has been appalling. His content is as anti-muslim as it gets. The problem is people like him can't see it himself. It's like those in the Labour party who are in denial about anti-semitism. I believe the mainstream media is a huge enabler of racism in all its forms but non of the content is overtly racist. It's more obvious on social media.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  5. big gaz

big gaz

We missed out there ;-)

6. Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Team supported:
    Man City
    https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/p...anchester-united-manager-graham-hunter-936256

I like Graham and he does have huge contacts in Barcelona, I’d imagine there is truth to this.

I vividly remember when Pep was announced for Bayern early in the new year that Wenger said in his press conference when asked about it that he was surprised he was going to Bayern because he told him his next job was in the Premier League.

7. Mike Cathcart

Mike Cathcart

Team supported:
    Man City
    Agreed. The whole range of abuse towards our Raz enables people in the media and social media and fans in and out of grounds makes it 'almost' acceptable to scream abuse at him as long as they dont specifically refer to his skin. The clown at Chelsea escaped going to court because they voulndt be sure if he said black or Manc. But to me our black player was abused and the missing word made little difference to that. Again it was the case of people to abuse him because a club its fans and supportive media allow them to go just so far and get away with it.

Now people largely with a Liverpool bias of some sort are at the lad again for doing nothing to stop it. I do not think Raz was entirely aware of what was going on. Certainly several rag players have said they didn't know until the end and apart from McGuire there was no rush to go to his aid.
    The mainstream media have had plenty of access to clips and stills and have just left the twitter people's comments unchallenged and the abuse for Raz will be turned up in the next few matches.

8. 55yr old teenager

55yr old teenager

I actually think they do it on purpose just to piss us off. Its been happening for ages. I have never noticed them get things wrong about other clubs as much as they do about us

dennishasdoneit likes this.
  9. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

I'd imagine there is absolutely no truth in this whatsoever, given that it was an open secret that he was coming to City long before he left Bayern and the appointment of Soriano and Txiki was part of the overall plan to acquire Guardiola. It's just another "he may have created the greatest team British football has ever seen but united snubbed him" article with which we are now only too familiar.

Exeter Blue I am here likes this.
  10. Sky Blue

Sky Blue

I think the poster wants to believe it.

karen7 and Centurions like this.