Media Thread 2019-20

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Chris in London, 14 Jun 2019.

1. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

I'd love to think you are right but money talks and by hook or, more likely crook, I reckon they will end up in the CL next year top 4 or not. I regard UEFA as simply the marketing arm of the G14 clubs (and don't go along with the deceit that the G14 no longer exists). It, certainly, has a long and undistinguished history of manipulating their rules for the benefit of those clubs.

Dave S likes this.
  2. ZanteWeatherman

ZanteWeatherman

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Here's a thought: The Official site have a Media Watch article most days about what the 'Press' are reporting, possible transfers, good match reports etc. Why don't they do a negative Media Report about the crap spouted by tabloids, talk-shite and the like (and go into what they may do about said articles).

Not only would it be interesting stuff, but it would silence both, the bitter 'journos', and the readers on here who are always going on about the club ignoring or doing nothing about the bile that is reported or re-hashed from previous shite on a daily basis...............

As I said, just a thought.

3. Trevor Morley's Tache

Trevor Morley's Tache

A bit like the Washington Post you mean?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City
    The media ridicule City when we give tickets to schools in far smaller numbers or reduce prices to enable families to attend together, always pushing the Emptihad narrative.

'Daddy, daddy what do you do at work?'

'Well son l tell lies for a living'.

There was a recent thread about the moral compass. I don't know how these 'professionals' whose job is to inform can bank their salaries without feeling guilty.

CelesteItis and Dave S like this.
  5. SilvaisSkyBlue

SilvaisSkyBlue

You summed it up in the last sentence, they bank their salaries, they are cockroaches who sold their souls a long time ago.

In the post social media click bait world we live in now they have ramped up their lies and vitriol x100, and if what I read on most online media is correct, the masses lap the shìt they pump out and repeat lie after lie.

If this shìt peddling is what happens in the football world, imagine what bullshit is pumped out into the real news!?!

Dave S likes this.
  6. asahartford1

asahartford1

Does Samuel work for them so that they can claim balance, and fairness towards us when the shit finally does its thing in the fan.

7. Mike Cledford

Mike Cledford

Team supported:
    Man City

8. citizen_maine

citizen_maine

I think it's fairly obvious why they employ Samuel. I think Blue Mist's question was more why would he work for them. I suppose he's in a unique position to know that everywhere else is worse, or at best as bad

9. asahartford1

asahartford1

I agree, better the devil you know. It is not really the golden age of journalism.

10. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Probably works for them because they pay him more than The Times did and he has more editorial freedom.

chesterbells likes this.