Media Thread - 2019/20

manchester blue

Team supported
Manchester City
A once admirable organization, respected the world over, the BBC, now a pathetic, bitter, agenda driven, biased charicature of its former self.Good old auntie beeb has been replaced with staff so up themselves with the power of the media that they no longer care about the principles and standards that they are trusted to uphold by the license payers. Clickbaiting, pandering to the masses, or whatever other excuses people make for these twts being biased is rubbish, they get their money from us anyway. The day that the license fee is scrapped and these fckers have to compete for veiwers instead of demanding money with menaces I am gonna celebrate good and proper, and I believe that day is not too far away. In fact, any political party promising this in their election campaign would get my vote in an instant. No more will I have to pay to have my club and other beliefs falsely and negatively portrayed to a worldwide audience( most of which dont even have to buy a license), absolute wnkers the lot of them.Oh, and I didnt always feel this way, it has taken them years of complacency and worse to get me to feel like this, I actually hate them.
They still have very high standards of journalism at the BBC.

Maguire has shown no sign of trying to force through a move from Leicester and the Foxes are confident he will be committed to the club if there asking price of more than £75m is not met. (Telegraph)

gordondaviesmoustache

Maguire has shown no sign of trying to force through a move from Leicester and the Foxes are confident he will be committed to the club if there asking price of more than £75m is not met. (Telegraph)
Jimmy Savile will be turning in his grave at the way standards have dropped at the BBC.

MillionMilesAway

Clumsy that.
Mind you, the Telegraph may not be better - it's reported that Maguire may have vented at the Leicester management over the haggling.

Marvin

Indeed.

When the main BBC sports Manchester reporter gets a freebie to Perth and comes out with excruciating pieces like the ‘scouting report’ piece, then it’s just nauseating.

Forget the current best team in the country, think about the mass of supporters for Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, wolves , Newcastle and every other team in the premier league.
They should and hopefully are seething with the constant nonstories shoe Horning in as much United and Liverpool reporting as possible.
They shouldn’t be chasing ‘ratings’ and click metrics, they should be serving the entire football country. I seem to remember that was mentioned by a DG many years ago, as TV ratings declined... to offer quality over mass lowest denominator pulp. Maybe the memo didn’t reach the web dept...

It was kind of understandable when Man Utd were the pre-eminent club in English football but they are not any more. What you say about the BBC goes for the rest of the media too.

City fans need to ignore it. I read the comments to the articles and they are always full of City and Liverpool fans laughing about them, but if they were ignored, then they wouldn't get as much coverage. The media will know exactly how many people view their articles and how many responses they get, and Utd will get the most thanks to City fans hating on them. Don't do it. Ignore them.

Marvin

Another batch of football leaks, this time targeting PSG's Al_Khelaifi. When are they going to hit the other clubs?

crazyg

The fire drill impressed me , never seen 65,000 people leave a stadium in such an orderly fashion.
We did have a precursor to this at the end of the FA Cup semi final the previous April, so it wasn't just a one-off.
I originally thought that it was Balotelli's wink (correct spelling) that had caused it, but most of them had gone by then.

Don't have an account?

Register now!